Steps to build a big app for
- APK → max. 100 MB or
- AAB → max. 150 MB (new, added on Aug 31, 2021)
1. APK (Note: apps that were released before Aug 1, 2021 can still use APKs !)
You can use e.g. APK Editor Studio for that.
First download the keystore "
android.keystore" from your AI2 account and rename it to: "
- remove some big files (png, jpg, mp3,…) from the assets (AIA < 10 MB, better < 5 MB)
- build APK
- decompile APK
- (re)insert the missing files to the assets
- recompile your app
- sign APK
Video tutorial (APK Editor Studio):
2. AAB (Note: For new apps you must use AABs.)
- Export your keystore (
- Remove some big files (png, jpg, mp3, wav, …) from the assets (AIA < 20 MB, better < 5 MB)
- Build the AAB
- Open the AAB with 7-Zip or WinRAR and (re)insert the missing files to the assets
- Sign the AAB (→ Java JDK 8):
jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA256withRSA -digestalg SHA-256 -keystore android.keystore appName.aab androidkey -signedjar appName_signed.aab
- Upload AAB to the Play Store