Publishing problem because of location

Hi,
I want to publish my new app on Google Play Store, but the system sent me an error message:

My app doesn't use any location method, so I don't understand this error. Could you help me, please, what can I do? Thanks in advance.

What components are you using in your application?

Which extensions are you using? Probably an ads extension... there you go...

Taifun

• TaifunTools for getting api level.
    Others:
  • TaifunSharing
  • EFile
  • GetASD

Components:

• Web
  • TinyDB
  • TextToSpeech
  • SpeechRecognizer
    etc...

The components and extensions look good...
You might want to use Apk Studio Editor to find out, how the manifest looks like and post it here into this thread

Taifun

Do you mean this one?

<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:compileSdkVersion="30" android:compileSdkVersionCodename="11" package="appinventor.ai_murnyogo1.smarty_1x1" platformBuildVersionCode="30" platformBuildVersionName="11">

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>

<uses-permission android:maxSdkVersion="29" android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES"/>

<application android:debuggable="false" android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:label="Smarty 1x1" android:name="com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.multidex.MultiDexApplication" android:networkSecurityConfig="@xml/network_security_config" android:preserveLegacyExternalStorage="true" android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true" android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:theme="@style/AppTheme">

<uses-library android:name="org.apache.http.legacy" android:required="false"/>

<activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize" android:name=".Screen1" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden">

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>

</intent-filter>

</activity>

<activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize" android:name="appinventor.ai_murnyogo1.smarty_1x1.naplo" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden">

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>

</intent-filter>

</activity>

<provider android:authorities="appinventor.ai_murnyogo1.smarty_1x1.provider" android:exported="false" android:grantUriPermissions="true" android:name="androidx.core.content.FileProvider">

<meta-data android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS" android:resource="@xml/provider_paths"/>

</provider>

</application>

</manifest>

In AndroidManifest.xml:

uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"

Yes...
I formatted it for you .
It looks like you forgot to list some relevant extensions or components...

Taifun

Which one do you think causes the undesirable permission request?

looks fine... is this the only screen you are using?
EDIT: there also is the android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES permission, which looks strange..
Taifun

There is another screen, no more:

probably you used another component or extension and removed it, but the permissions somehow have not been removed?

android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES

sorry, I'm out of further ideas...

as workaround you might want to remove these 2 extensions from the manifest, recompile and sign it
the necessary steps are mentioned here

Taifun

Thanks for your ideas, problem solved using APK Editor Studio.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.