Still problems with the .aia file not loading due to too many files in the media section

Still problems with the .aia file not loading due to too many files in the media section.
My solution, I thought it was understood that it was temporary, I imagined that the appintentor authors would eventually solve the problem, because I can't every time I load .yea, delete all the files and then copy them back.

Besides, now the files, he no longer loads them all, he deletes some of them, and this is serious because if I do not notice it, they are in trouble.

How many files Angelo. I have over 1000 html files in the Media of one of my apps. A solution is use the alternative MIT server at MIT App Inventor instead of the main server to load or compile the app. Have you tried it? The main server times out at 60 seconds; the code... server does not. Timing out is probably the issue you have.

Surely you're right, that could be the problem.
So I should have a faster connection.
But sorry shouldn't it be expected that not everyone can afford a faster connection?
Increasing to two minutes would not be bad, SteveJG if I think the first few times it took me more than two minutes, a lifetime to compile an apk and I had a line as slow as this one and yet everything was fine anyway, I wasted days but I wanted to learn .

The code.... server should be able to work for your app even when working with many files. Your slow connection probably will not be an issue. :slight_smile:

Good luck. Keep learning.

Unless it is too many .csv files that create the problem, because if I decrease them everything goes well, the file is loaded, only not being able to delete all the files together, I am forced to delete them one at a time, with the fear of missing someone and then realizing it too late.

If you could get them deleted from the media, multiple files would be really useful.

We would like to have to transfer them all together, but the opposite would also be the case.

Appinventor I think is one of the best software of this type, not only because it is free.
I think compliments are never enough, for the authors, for the big changes they have recently made, adding very important and useful functions.
Especially for the copy paste function, it saved me a lot of work. I consider it super exceptional.

Another function that I think would be useful would be to go back if you made some mistakes, because sometimes it happens to delete a very large block and not know, how to rebuild it for my memory, as I said.

Or you messed up the code and being able to go back wouldn't hurt.

Ok ho capito continuerò a imparare, grazie dell'aiuto e del tempo.
COmqunque il server alternativo L'ho già utilizzato, ma non carica lo stesso L'aia,
Caio grazie ancora.

For the misery sorry, I have tried it again now, it works and it is also much faster.
But I give you my word that the other time it wasn't loading it.
This is why I have never tried again.
Thanks again, then we can close the discussion again.
Thanks again, Steve.
I hope everything else is the same as classic appinvenotor.

Nothing to do, he managed to load the .aia file but he doesn't let me create the .apk.
Same thing as the other appinventor
Server error: could not build target. Please try again later!

I tried and tried again, it went through the whole procedure, for the apk but when I had to download it, it gave me error 500.
I tried again for other times at the end for fotuna he managed to get me to download the .apk
However, it is certainly not normal behavior.
But better than nothing.

HTTP ERROR 500
Problem accessing /b/2rh1t. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
at com.google.appinventor.server.CrashReport.createAndLogError(CrashReport.java:53)
at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.RadosStorageIo.cleanupNonces(RadosStorageIo.java:1565)
at com.google.appinventor.server.BuildOutputServlet.doGet(BuildOutputServlet.java:84)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:808)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.StatisticsHandler.handle(StatisticsHandler.java:159)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:337)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:447)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:368)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeWithFlags(PgPreparedStatement.java:158)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PgPreparedStatement.java:124)
at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.RadosStorageIo.cleanupNonces(RadosStorageIo.java:1555)
... 25 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:210)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)
at org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.readMore(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:140)
at org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.ensureBytes(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:109)
at org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.read(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:67)
at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.receiveChar(PGStream.java:335)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2008)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:310)
... 30 more
Caused by:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeWithFlags(PgPreparedStatement.java:158)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PgPreparedStatement.java:124)
at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.RadosStorageIo.cleanupNonces(RadosStorageIo.java:1555)
at com.google.appinventor.server.BuildOutputServlet.doGet(BuildOutputServlet.java:84)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.StatisticsHandler.handle(StatisticsHandler.java:159)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.readMore(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:140)
at org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.ensureBytes(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:109)
at org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.read(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:67)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2008)
... 30 more
Caused by:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Hello Good morning, I still have the same problem, luckily as you can see from my last entry in this post, this morning it occurred again.

But only once, then everything so far has proceeded smoothly.

I have to clarify a fact that happened last night around 11.30 pm (11.30 P.), I was making copies of my app, but after 4-5 copies, the server was running very slow it was impossible to wait so long, enough to make me stop to use appinventor.

My connection was perfect 30Mb.

Maybe for this reason that it happened again today?

Remove almost all files from "Media" (assets), build the AAB / APK and add them back later.
See here:

I will follow your advice and wish I could do it, but I would like to point out that my APK is only 12 megs.
It also worked correctly until yesterday and then for whatever reason it gave error HTTP ERROR 500.
Thanks anyway I'll let you know.

Did you ever answer this ?

You could share your aia project, to see if it presents others with the same issue...

At the third attempt the .apk has been compiled correctly and then proceeds without further blocks.

The first time the problem was posted or posted everything happened frequently. then a few days ago it started to freeze fortunately not frequently.

answer to questions

1. question
    Answer: Yes, I have already described how many files I have, there are about 300, or a little more, in the media sector, and I have very few images about ten and three very short audio files.
  2. question
    Answer: I cannot do it, for various and very very serious reasons, which I am not going to list, otherwise I would have done it for sure, as is my habit.

On the second attempt this other one.

Errore del server: impossibile creare la destinazione. Per favore riprova più tardi!

======
On the first attempt to create the APK, this warning appeared.

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /b/efp6. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.

at com.google.appinventor.server.CrashReport.createAndLogError(CrashReport.java:53)

at com.google.appinventor.server.storage.RadosStorageIo.cleanupNonces(RadosStorageIo.java:1565)

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.

... 25 more

... 30 more

Caused by:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.

... 30 more

Caused by:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

That was a server error, probably nothing to do with your project, but to do with the connection between your computer and the AI2 server.

1 Like

I close this discussion by apologizing again for having transcribed it.
I'll try to be more careful and update you if something like this happens again.

I'll try to be more careful and update you if something like this happens again.

AI2 saves your project to the server every five seconds.

I suggest you export an aia file of your project before you set out to compile to apk