for very good reason, because soon I'll be showing you a way you can store any kind of files in → internal storage (and not just text files like the File component does).
I've been stuck attempting to specify the "file" in the 'Sharing block'.
I know that in previous posts it's been pointed out that using the block "when ....AfterFileSaved" doesn't provide a file path for Sharing, but does provide a path for "call ...ReadFrom" ??
For anyone who is interested, here is the solution using your extension
Unfortunately, I'm not an expert user, so I have some difficulties to understand all the applications that you extension could have.
So please, a question for you:
I'm trying to write a camera app, using the ProCam64 extension. Currently, my app can save a picture into the folder /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/MyFolder (so we are into the internal storage). But I can't read the same picture and load it as preview, maybe due to permissions (the app could read picture if it is stored into the ASD).
I read above that your getASD extension could store any kind of files in internal storage. So, could your extension help me in some way? If yes, how should I use it?
I just tried your suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
Because I have also the Camera permission to request, I tried to write a "do" cycle, but by requesting the first permission in the Screen.Initialize event, and the other ones in the Screen.PermissionGranted event.
If Camera permission is requested in the Screen.Initialize, the app request also the second permission (READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE), and it freezes when I allow it.
If READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is requested in the Screen.Initialize, the app starts but without asking for any permission. It seems like if READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is not allowed and so the Start.PermissionGranted event is not called. Obviously the issue of load the picture is not solved.
However, maybe I will open a new topic, I think we are off topic here, isn't so?
Many thanks for you effort Anke. But also this one is not working.
The first time I open the app, it asks for Camera permission. The second time, for the storage permission. Then, when I take a picture, it doesn't save it.