About the Bugs and Other Issues category

Report potential issues with App Inventor in this category.

Before posting here, consider asking your question in the #mit-app-inventor-help category. If your issue turns out to be an error in App Inventor, the staff will move the issue here and an MIT team member will triage the issue.

1 Like

appinventor/ai_rg105702/Futbol/Screen1.yail line 26: duplicate declaration of ‘def’

ERROR: appinventor/ai_rg105702/Futbol/Screen1.yail line 26: (this is the previous declaration of ‘def’)

Kawa compile time: 21.529 seconds

me sale ese error y no puedo guardar mi app

Why i can’t remove my topic

I have been getting this error report whenever i try to switch screens in My App. My Phone Pops a warning saying that my app keeps stopping, and it asks me to send Bug report to Mi (xiomi) for analysis. I have been working on this app for quite a while now and i am not being able to use it properly. Please help me. I am much obliged.

Thank You.

The above Screen Shot is the Summary of the Error as Provided By my android device.

here is a link if you want to download The app -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TQ70MUeH1mrq7XkMRCe59bBdTZ2BXL7V/view?usp=sharing

The .apk file is useless, compared to an .aia export.

Here are some conjectures you can test ...

• You fail to close screens as often as you open them.
  • You have many Image components, failing to reuse single Image components with different picture files.
  • You loaded up your Media folder with high resolution image files, which AI2 struggles to downgrade to fit your screen.

Further reading:

Hola buenos días, tengo un problema de accesibilidad para utilizar mit app inventor, se me carga la pantalla principal de la web, pero no se me carga la pantalla donde se puede empezar a diseñar y crear una app, se me queda sin ningún tipo de contenido y no puedo trabajar con mit app inventor, por favor ayúndenme cuando puedan, gracias.

Good Afternoon, Believe we have found a bug while using the ios version of AI companion that does not occur with the android based device. While testing this code:image on the ios device all image sprites immediately jump to the current x y location regardless of which sprite is dragged. This does not happen with android devices as the sprite will only move when selected.

This might also be a common case of Sprite Cannibalism.
Your blocks lack the additional code needed to avoid it.
See here for how to avoid it ...

Boa tarde! Estou com problema na hora de compilar o aplicativo, aparece isso daqui! tem 4mb e 7 telas

Look in Screen4 for empty sockets.

sera que vc pode me ajudar?

A post was split to a new topic: Getting Error Prompt

On iphone a Notifier when you use a button to open a screen it does not work but it does on android please fix this

Hi, I have an error downloading the app and I need to fix it as soon as possible. I get compilation error, preparing icon, I have tried everything you have said and still the same, I have put it in 48x48 and 36x36 icon format and none.
What can I do? Thank you very much.

Export your .aia file and upload it here.
export_and_upload_aia

A post was split to a new topic: MultiScreen Copy List error

A post was split to a new topic: DrawShape method of the Canvas object on serveral models of IPhone

Version 2.64 build 2 is struggling to show certain images. I am using PLTW lesson 1.7 Game time. The game sprites are not showing. When I use version 2.60 build 8, the game sprites show up.

I'm experiencing the same issue with PLTW Lesson 1.7 Game Time. I have noticed that, in addition to the sprites not showing up, the canvas also covers the horizontal arrangement above it. We are using iPads that are on version 2.64 (build 2) as well.

2 posts were split to a new topic: All blocks lost color