When will IOS version be available to the public?

When will it release ?
It was said to release in 2018 or 19

1 Like

http://doesappinventorrunonios.com/

The Companion will be available soon in the App store (publicly)

Are we almost there?

Yes, read more here: MIT App Inventor for iOS version 0.9.7

(added to FAQ)

This is great great great news
Sincere congratulations to those who supported the effort to make this great opportunity available
Is there any document / tutorial / example to follow to take advantage of the new development system and understand the differences compared to the version for Android?

1 Like

Soon might mean different things to different people. Given that I made the first proof of concept for iOS using HelloPurr back in October 2016, soon to me certainly has a different time scale. I would like to reiterate that I claimed we would be submitting it for review (ideally by the end of the month). We don't quite know what's in store for us regarding the App Store approval process other than internal discussions we've had with some of the Thunkable team members.

3 Likes

I suggest if anyone needs iOs app published immediately to use Thunkable or something else, otherwise I'll wait for MIT to do the free stuff whenever they are capable.

1 Like
1 Like

I know thunkable, but we're here because we want to build for iOS with app inventor (besides, after app inventor supports iOS, Kodular and other builders will be able to work on their version for iOS)

I think thunkable is dumb compared to AI2, so we are waiting. :slight_smile:
By the way, i dont remember if i read or hot, will it be a separate constructor, or i can decide in the constructor what ios i want to compile ?

Personally, I would not try to pass judgment on a particular system. Each system will have its own solution that works for its developers. The founding team of Thunkable were members of the App Inventor team, and they had their own reasons for going the route they did.

It's the same system. The beta version of the companion app works against ai2.appinventor.mit.edu and code.appinventor.mit.edu. When build support is available, it will be another option under the Build menu.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a rough idea when the ios version of appinventor will be available? Also will you be able to convert an android apk to an ios one or will it need to be rewritten?

Can I please get a testflight invite as soon as possible?

Hi

That's you and thousands of others :space_invader:

I am making apps like chats or social media and I switched to ios and my friends (my apps testers) using android so can I get the code to try my apps
I have sent a form and I didn’t get anything so please ... a testflight code ?
[mod_edit] personal information removed]

The IOS version has yet to be fully funded.

Could reopening the funding help boost the pace of development for the iOS version?

Hello Point

Nothing is being "reopened". Funding is a necessity for the development to continue.

If you want to substantially increase the funding, to cover the cost of bringing in extra developers for example, that's a different story but it is up to MIT to decide what they want with regards to something like that.

Are you offering to sponsor with a very large sum of money?