VerticalViewPager: A vertical version of ViewPager

It would be useful to see some blocks at work in an aia project, and also a video of how this works.

What is a ViewPager?
Given this is for a vertical viewpager, is there already a horizontal one ?

3 Likes

Awesome.

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

Great extension.

1 Like

Remembered this post :sweat_smile:

Nice Extension Ser :+1:

4 Likes

Added to the first post :+1:

ViewPager is like a Scroll View (either horizontal or vertical) which hosts only one child view at a time.

This one can be termed as a Horizontal View Pager:

2 Likes

ChangeLog Version 1.1

New Blocks

Changes

• Added id system
  • Dynamic Components support
1 Like

Can a HorizontalViewPager extension be made to behave the same way as the Vertical one, i.e. reacts to user swipe right/left, as opposed to it being automated ? It is more natural to swipe left/right, and AppInventor already has a vertical "scroll" of sorts....

Or perhaps both in one extension ?

Yes, possible :+1:

I was hoping my enquiry might encourage you to make a horizontal one :wink:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Sure Sir.

Edit: Here it is Sir @TIMAI2 :
com.sunny.viewpager.aix (11.3 KB)

3 Likes

most excellent work :+1:
(a few of the tool tip/descriptions might need editing)

1 Like

Actually it (extension) is different from current thread so I may publish it someday else.

1 Like

ChangeLog Version 1.2

New Blocks

2 Likes

When I tried using both HorizontalViewPager and VerticalViewPager in the same project I got attached error..
Can I use both with each other?
error

Not currently, they are essentially the same extension with a few tweaks. The horizontal view pager has not been officially released as a separate extension by @vknow360

1 Like

Thank you.

2021-10-16_085032

Looks like this "index" is 0-based, better to change to 1-based, as same to other app inventor component.

1 Like

Yes, fixable in Horizontal one but can't do the same with Vertical ViewPager as it will break a lot of blocks.

Dear @vknow360,
How to swipe tab bar with the change of view page in horizontalview pager. Like this