Unable to compile the project, AAPT execution failed

I have started working with MIT app inventor recently, because of a school project. I have finished my project about a game to guess the number, and although there aren't any errors on the blocks section, it doesn't let me export the app as .apk, and I don't know why. I adjunct a picture, to see the type of error, and if anyone needs more pictures to help me, I can send more. Thanks in advance for any kind of help!

If removing the Screen1 icon doesn't help, export your project .aia file and post it here for a deeper look.

Ich habe seit vorgestern genau das gleiche Problem, auch mit Projekten, die ich vor einigen Wochen noch problemlos kompilieren konnte.

The Build servers are running well.

See FAQ Section: Build Errors
for ideas.

@clar please seaarch the community for AAPT like this

@Klaus_Koenen do you get the same error "AAPT execution failed" or something else?


Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Hello Klaus

You might like to go through my checklist:
https://www.professorcad.co.uk/appinventortips#TipsApk Cannot Build/Install/Run APK

In particular, the most common AAPT (Android Asset Packaging Tool) errors are:

  1. Images that are not Optimised for Android (including the App Icon)
  2. Using an out-of-date extension

When I export it as .aia it ends up being a .zip file, and I can't upload it here, how can I download it as .aia? I'm really new at programming, sorry for the inconveniences.

this seems to be your browser, which renames the aia file into zip...
just rename it back grom zip to aia and upload it into the community thread


1 Like

4847437169950720.aia (7.8 KB)
Thanks for the help!
The project is made in Catalan (similar to Spanish), but I hope there isn't much trouble for you to understand it and be able to help me.

I'm not sure how you've done this, but your project name contains spaces. The project name dialog typically prevents this from happening. Try saving your project using the Save As menu item and rename the project so it doesn't contain spaces and try again. Spaces in the project name will generate invalid code that won't compile.


(added to FAQ)

Thanks! I tried exporting it like this and this time it worked. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again!

Hier der entsprechende Screenshot:
Screenshot der Fehlermeldung

It seems you have an empty socket somewhere. Check your blocks again or post an image of your blocks.

1 Like

Klaus, you have 19 Blocks errors. Use the up-down triangle buttons to go to them.



Hallo Chris, vielen Dank für Ihre schnelle Antwort. Die Anzeige mit den 19 Fehlern habe ich (natürlich) auch gesehen, aber ich konnte die entsprechenden Prozeduren nicht identifizieren. Ich hatte aber auch schon die Vermutung, dass der Kompilierfehler mit diesen Fehlern zusammenhängen könnte, aber die App lief im Companion fehlerfrei. Erst als ich mich entschloss, alle Blöcke gleichzeitig aufzuklappen (das Projekt hat über 5000 Blöcke!), konnte ich die fehlerhaften Prozeduren identifizieren und anspringen. Durch eine vor einigen Wochen vorgenommene komplette Neugestaltung der Menüstrukturen waren eine ganze Reihe von Prozeduren übriggeblieben, die nicht mehr genutzt wurden und deren Bezugskomponeten durch die umfangreichen Menüänderungen teilweise nicht mehr vorhanden waren (Daher diese Fehlermeldungen). Nach Löschen dieser fehlerhaften Prozeduren waren die 19 Fehler weg und die Kompilierfehler auch :smile: :smile:.
Trotzdem sehr herzlichen Dank fĂĽr Ihre UnterstĂĽtzung. Sie haben ĂĽbrigens eine sehr interessante und hilfreiche Webseite :+1: :+1:

Hi Klaus

Good to know you are back on the horse. Sounds like a huge Project! :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.