Signatures for App Bundles

I'm trying to update an app I have for sale on Google Play. I'm trying to update using an Android Bundle. I'm getting an error that I need to sign my app, and I can't figure out how to do it. Can someone help?

Read this.. this will help you
https://stablekernel.com/article/creating-keystores-and-signing-android-apps/

I don't know. It doesn't mean anything to me. I'd need to download even more new softwear. I'm tired and I have a sale starting on Sunday. I'm sure it's great I just want something easy. And it never seems to work.

1 Like

You need tha app bundle, then yo do the internal tests, open test and close test,then you register the app and finally you put it on production.

1 Like
2 Likes

O.K., thanks. It took a while but I finally found the instructions.

What's step 5 again? What text editor? Huh? Step 6 isn't very clear either.

• Step 5: Copy the following code and paste it into the text editor:

java -jar Path to pepk.jar --keystore= Path to keystore --alias= Enter the alias here, usually applications built in App Inventor should have the alias: androidkey --output= The path to export the private key file (what needs to be uploaded to Play App Signing) It should be a zip file! --encryptionkey= Enter the sequel here (this is already entered in what you copied from the Play App Signing)

• Step 6: Now replace the bold text with the one for you. In the line: Enter the sequel here (this is already entered in what you copied from the Play App Signing) Replace with the code you will see in the Play App Signing: