Server error : could not load the file. Please try again

The real problem is there is an issue with 'one of the screen's'. Which one? The one you call when you get the error. Make a copy of your Project. Now load the Project copy. Once loaded, delete the offending sceen , possibly removing large images as Tim suggested.

ok, how do i do a copy of the project ?

Actually you should make a copy of your Project using Save project as…

copy

An aia copy is important too but if you make a copy of your Project, you can instantly edit the copy.

I can’t edit the copy because i have the same problem of the original .
How i correct the error if i can’t go on the block side of the problematic screen ?

From the Designer window, export the .aia file and try to operate on it with the tools at

and

I try to export the file but it doesn’t work.

You have run out of options.

Assigning this to MIT, in case they can recover, and if they want to do an autopsy.

Hi @Louis_Strugari,

With your permission, we can access your account and try to determine the underlying issue with your project.

ok, you have my permission.

So the issue is that one of your blocks files is quite large at 17.66 MB. Because the App Inventor backend instances are shared, it’s resulting in the shared instance running out of memory causing the error. I may be able to extract your project so that you can migrate it to the code.appinventor.mit.edu server. However, you should consider trying to simplify your project, as there are a lot of assets and some large blocks files.

ok, thank you very much .

So what do i have to do? How do i migrate the project to the code.appinventor.mit.edu server ?

You can not export the file; that means you cannot create an aia file. That is a problem. To migrate the Project to the code.appinventor.... server, you need to create an aia and load that aia to the code.appinvventor...server. You cannot migrate unless you have an aia. Otherwise you have to re-code everything.

Do you have an old Project aia? Migrate that.

Hello,
I have the same problem: I can't load the project because probably it is too big. Server returns me the error: "Server error: could not load file. Please try again later!".
I tried more times, but I had the same error.
How can I access the project for modifying and simplifying it?
Thanks in advance

Load your latest .aia export into the code.appinventor.mit.edu server,
and trim the fat from your Media folder.

i have the same problem,something went wrong.have a simple project just for test and a get the message
" Server error : could not load the file. Please try again". I try a new project,restrat pc ,mit, but nothing.I think is something with my account.Please can you check.I also have a bug report message in the first time the problem appears.
Please can you check my account something is stop woriking.I cannot save ,modify any of my project!

Thankfully the problem was slow network speed!..The only think is that the aia file was have issues..and report bug message apears evrytime i import the file..Fortunately i have i backup some steps behind but it's not a problem :slight_smile:

How many MB is the .aia export file?

1 Like

The aia is 10,46Mb until now..