I have been following the issues of compile errors arising as a result of having extensions in the blocks of code. Unfortunately, I am also receiving errors but I do not have extensions in my code nor do I have any warnings or errors in the blocks of code. Please help!!!
Have you checked FAQ Section: Build Errors ?
Yes I have checked
The .aia file is just 465KB
Screen1 icon size in pixels?
Compile errors is one of the most difficult thing to debug.
Your aia is not large, so you are having difficulty with other issues.
Here is what Taifun posted earlier
your error message is DX execution failed
here is SteveJG’s monster list of things to check https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mitappinventortest/fLiMEfPh09Q/1Ia0AaQEXogJ
each point on the monster list might be the issue, why someone gets a DX execution failed error… that thread is a collection of several possibilities, which have been collected by SteveJG during the years while answering questions like that… hope that helps…
Have you looked at that advice? It discusses many strange things that can cause headaches.
Do you have an aia file of your Project from a time prior to having the DX execution error?
What happens if you attempt to compile that aia? If it compiles nicely, ask yourself how you have changed the Project since. Even small changes can cause an issue. Did you perhaps change your app icon recently? Many developers have an issue when they do that.
Which tools or other distributions have you applied to your project?
I haven’t applied any extensions to the project. I was using an extension some time back but I had deleted it and had made several compilations since. I had tried a earlier aia file I made from the start and it works fine but this current one does not and all I changed was like giving my textbox variable names apart from system names etc
Small changes can create huge problems, unfortunately.
I would use the existing aia and go on from their Javes.
Something may have corrupted your existing code. What? Nearly impossible to tell.
Do you have any red x's in your Blocks? If so, fix them. Your present Project is useless. If not my advice is to use the existing older aia, add the code you made since (if you can remember) and your app might be better as you use new techniques you since learned.
Hopefully you can remember what should be added. Most of the experienced coders make backup aia files at least once a day and/or more frequently so that if there becomes an issue that can not be backed out of; the developer can save the Project.
Do those new names include Java keywords?
Ok Steve. I will proceed from there
Thanks everyone for your help
Today I have faced the same issue.
After many attempts, I tried by using Firefox instead of Chrome and the building was successful.
After that I tried once more with Chrome and also on Chrome it was ok.
I don’t know why but just in case somebody may need, that’s what worked for me.
There are some news:
with Chrome I could work on the App, upgrading it 2 or 3 times, building it regularly, but after a while, suddenly, again i got the same building error.
So I loaded the Project again with Firefox but this time I was not able to build it also there.
The mystery goes on
Hello Thanks for the feedback but this still does not solve the problem. It fails by saying there is nothing wrong with my code but the compiler DX failed error occurs.
did you try to compile your App with Firefox?
this works for me sometimes.
Sometimes I need to restart the browser (chrome) and then it works, sometimes i need to restart the PC… so weird…
Another workaround that sometimes seems to work is to Build the App while it’s running on the Companion connected to the usb.
Some weeks ago it happen to me that the problem was fixed after I removed the last extension that i had added, but after i add the same extension again, everything also was working; that’s why i said: so weird.
Of course it’s boring to try to workaround the issue, i hope this will be fixed or at least to know what to avoid to prevent it.
Since 2 days i couldn’t compile my App anymore, no workaround was working anymore.
I forgot to mention that I’m using the AI2Offline version:
After many searches i tried by modifying the value of _JVA_OPTIONS Xms512m -Xmx512m contained in the file buildserver.cmd with the new parameters :
set _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m
and it is apparently working for now… let’s see what will happen more…
I'm having a problem that looks like the same. When the process error occurs, but running using Companion runs safely there is no problem. I tried to use firefox and Chrome to compile alternately but the result is the same. I'm using Chrome from my cellphone and it's also an error.
Did you check