Base 64 extension.
With this extension we can:
Convert an image, sound, video, pdf file,... to a Base 64 string.
Convert a Base 64 string to file.
Convert the Picture of an Image component to Base 64.
Set a Base 64 string as Picture in an Image component.
Convert a Picture from a Canvas to a Base 64 string.
Take a Picture with the Camera and convert it to Base 64 string
Download a file from the internet and convert it to Base 64.
Convert a Uri to Path.
- Why convert a file to Base 64?
- To save it to a TinyDB.
- To upload a text string to the internet, instead of a file (for example by PHP).
- To work directly with the image without previously converting it to a file (for example TakePicture with Cam and load it in Canvas directly.)
- Draw on a Canvas and pass it directly to an Image component.
- Where can we download the updated extension?
- What blocks does the extension have?
- I, @Juan_Antonio, as the author of this extension, allow any user to use it in their application for the MIT App Inventor Summer Appathon 2023.