Notification Alert Button (upload image to google sheet...)

I have a question.. how can i send a picture with gps location send into google spreadsheet? thanks for the answer

What does your title have to do with your question?

Will the user be taking a photograph with the device camera ?

Do you want the image actually in a cell in the google sheet, or uploaded to google drive then displayed in the google sheet, or just a link to the image in a google sheet?

Do you want the gps coordinates shown separately in two cells or together in one cell?

2 Likes

Good Day Tim! I have a project in my hometown about Disaster Alert Button.. Yes the User will be taking a picture of the Accident.. i want to know how to put gps coordinates in that image then uploaded to google drive then displayed in the google sheet ,..

Thanks.

You want the coordinates actually on the image ?

You want the coordinates actually on the image ?

Yes, Tim I want coordinates actually on the image.

Your requirement is not straightforward, but doable. It will require a couple of extensions, gps coordinates returns, and a google apps script. It may take a little while to show you what is required.....

OK, here is my take on this:

BLOCKS

SCRIPT
var fid = "<YOUR FOLDER ID HERE>";
var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActive();
var sh = ss.getSheetByName("Sheet1");

function doPost(e) {
  var data = Utilities.base64Decode(e.parameters.data);
  var blob = Utilities.newBlob(data, e.parameters.mimetype, e.parameters.filename);
  var fileID = DriveApp.getFolderById(fid).createFile(blob).getId();
    sh.appendRow([e.parameter.message,e.parameter.lat,e.parameter.lon,'=image("https://drive.google.com/uc?id=' + fileID + '")']);
  return ContentService.createTextOutput("upload completed");
}
SCREEN

SHEET

DRIVE

HTML

watchglwvs.html.txt (1.4 KB)
(remove the ".txt" part of the filename once downloaded)

Extensions:
You will need:

GUIDES:

I suggest you make your aia project set to Landscape, this should "make" your users take the photo in Landscape mode, which will prevent it rotating by 90 degrees

Enjoy :smiley:

1 Like