AI Companion fails at 20% loading

In my case, I have a slow internet connection. On the order of 3-5M. Decent ping time <20ms. Nothing has changed as far as routers, firewalls, interconnection speed., etc.

unchive says I have 1900 blocks and 637K of assets. That was before I deleted some stuff.

The error I get when Legacy hangs is:

Sending assets/external_comps/edu.mit.appinventor.ble/classes.jar to companion

I deleted some png's I wasn't actually using and it seemed to lower the hang point from 92 percent to 87. I have an image a text file and a .wav.

Back when it was working, the whole thing would load in five seconds, or so.

I can imagine that there a whole bunch of users banging away trying to get in.

Maybe one of the assets I am downloading is hanging it? I will delete the image and .wav for now and give it a try.

Edit: Deleted everything except the .txt file (small). Hangs with same message, just at 75 percent as opposed to 87 percent. Is it the BLE extension that is hanging this? If so, I am truly out of luck--it is a ble app.

What happens with an empty project?

Tried with a small, known working, no BLE extensiont. No progress bar, after a time I get "Companion Connection Error: "

This project loaded fine a couple days ago.

Things are deteriorating. It is time to quit banging my head against this wall.

Thanks to Anke, Steve, TIMAI2. Really appreciate your help. Some days I am just snake bit.

I used the emulator for the first time. I had to install it as an administrator. Restart the computer and after the installation setup, I have to say. EMULATOR IS SO MUCH MORE CONVENIENT and FASTER. Thanks @Anke for the posts.

1 Like

Regarding the classroom impact, here is an alternative work around to live testing:
Have your students do Structured Walthroughs on their code, based on Downloaded Blocks Images, screen captures of their Designer views by Arrangement and Screen, and separately prepared documentation of their data structures and data flow.

Peer review is as valuable a skill as live testing, and a productive use of class time.

1 Like

I have the same problem
How resolve?
Thanks

See post #24.

1 Like

Many students of mine are having the same issue.
Plus the legacy mode option is not available on IPhones
Is there any other way?

1 Like

I had that same problem before. Use legacy connection was for sure a solution for me, but that was not the only thing I did. I looked in to the security setting of my browser for this website and give adapted permissions.

This was my topic

After a while, I notice that there was a problem in the project. I did a save as and deleted some bugs that were in it, and now I use the companion like I did before.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Students having issues connecting to iPad

Chromium,Edge Latest issue

try it :arrow_up:

though this is old issue I am sharing my solution
I restarted pc thrice didn't work,
I restarted the phone once worked :partying_face:

I can explain you at least what is the problem for me.

USB connection:
After the installation of the SW and drivers and setting the phone in debug mode, when I connect to the USB I can only see a white screen in my phone with a grey band in the top.

Legacy mode:
Stop loading at 10%
"10 found Companion" written below.

I don't understand why the companion will not connect.

Looks like the problem is back!! The workarounds (emulator, legacy connection) also are not working for me---so here's hoping the problem gets resolved soon. Just hoping to get confirmation here that the problem is on MITs end this time around as well.

Same here

This issue should be resolved.

2 Likes