Companion hangs/breaks at 20% with the current Firefox version - 115.4.0

Can someone who is using the current Firefox version (115.4.0) please advise if there are any (connection) problems with Companion (as long as not Legacy is used)?

Companion has stopped working for me with Firefox for the first time in over 10 years. (Chrome works.)

:question:

Well I have version 119.0

Companion working fine

1 Like

For me, with the latest version of Chrome (119.0.6045.106, 64-bit), using Legacy leads to a browser popup window pointing to http://192.168.XYZ.X:8001/_proxy, and App Inventor would be stuck at 10% (Finding the companion) for a long time.

1 Like

Firefox is up to date. Win7 Pro

Chrome
Version 119.0.6045.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

works fine in Legacy on Androidx86 emulator (project has no extensions - bugs out with them at the moment)

Could not get a Legacy connection going with Genymotion though...Correction, now working OK.

No problem with Chrome - Version 109.0.5414.120 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

Time to upgrade to at least win10

bild

P.S. connection works just fine

1 Like

I don't even think about it for a second. And I have more than good reasons not to do it.
Before I upgrade Windows, I would switch to Linux.

1 Like

Firefox version 115 will be the last supported Firefox version for users of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. If you are using these versions of Windows you will be moved to the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) channel by an application update. Mozilla will provide security updates for these users until September 2024. No security updates will be provided after that date.

1 Like

The problem seems to exist across the board (regardless of the builder).

1 Like