Update My App - Extension - Useful to app builders to update their distributed apps

Super extension @Automate_MyProject!

Me too. It is really irritating to tell users to reinstall the app for the latest update. I think your extension will work.

1 Like

Hi

Please tell me

The Sheet Id

is it the whole https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx link or is it just the middle part

Thanks

1 Like

just the middle part

Hello All,

I tried this extension with Version: nb188 and 2.62 Companion version. Although I followed the instruction above, it give me the below response after update checking.

error : no data is found with value : MIT AI2 Companion

Do you know if it works with Version: nb188 and 2.62 ?

Best Regards,

Halil Bilal

It is possible download the .apk file without opening any browser or google drive and install it automatically?
something like

-______________________________________________________

1 Like

Hello Sir

In fact, I can automatically detect the version number and update it automatically without using plug-ins.

Of course, this is the same with Google Drive, but the whole process is much simpler.

Im facing same issue, any update on your issue ?

hello sir, i tried the app and it gives me nothing...what can i do? thanks in advance

Is this addon working fine even at this time? I wish to try this soon.

this is UNIQUE PERFECT EXTENSION ; HELPED US ALOT. ,

• one more .. instead of ID and Sheet name .. (that is for open; shared doc ..) what about access restricted sheet ?
  • Would you please add avaibility to run from one link of google script link .. like >> https://script.google.com/macros/s/xxxxxxxxxxxx script ID xxxxxxxxx/exec...etc
  • in this case we will need the script to share that tap of the updates links and the new block in the extension to accept the script deployed link. what do you think ?

Why add an extra layer of complexity? Just use the web component and a notifier to do this .

hi TIM,
i did not get what you mean by ( Why add an extra layer of complexity? Just use the web component and a notifier to do this . )

• see that "CheckForUpdate" block requires two parameters (sheet ID and Sheet Name); works fine with open sheet .. now my sheet is restricted ; so i have the script ID and not sheet id and no sheet name . .. can you explain what do you mean by >> Just use the web component and a notifier to do this . ) ?

I understood you were developing on an iPhone, and therefore unable to use extensions....

Hello! my school is very strict and i cant open up and google related stuff outside of my school district. Can you put the .aix file onto a file sharing service. I can use .io websites and i found out wetransfer is unblocked. Love, austin!

anyway, you have to use Google drive to be able to put your program updates there, if you also want the extension, there are many people who will give it to you directly here

Not based upon our approach to extensions on this community.

Only the extension developer, @Automate_MyProject can do that for the requestor.

it's true

I had forgotten that :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

hi please help my application gives the following message (error: no data is found with value)

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.