Translator output does not show

Hello everyone!
I have been working on an app that takes the data readings (English phrases) from arduino and displays it in the app. It was working fine until yesterday when I only had one button to connect to bluetooth through HC-05 and one label to display the text but today, I added translator functionality and few languages to translate to and tested the app, the bluetooth gets connected but although I can see the phrases output on the arduino serial monitor, there is nothing on the label. I had put color to the label , thought maybe its covering the text but even after making it light gray, there is no output.

I know this is kinda last minute but I really need it to work by tomorrow as I have to present it. Any help is appreciated...thank you in advance!

Without you showing any of your work it will be hard to advise you.

I have edited and attached the designer and blocks,thanks and sorry

In your Clock Timer, you test if BlueTooth is Connected.

That if/then block lacks an Else branch where you could complain about it not being Connected.

You can use the blue Mutator button to add that Else branch.

1 Like

but yesterday it was working perfectly without the else branch, it's only today that i am encountering problems after adding the translator code block

You still need a way to see where the problem is.

Is it

• No data coming in, or
  • the incoming data being lost?, or
  • the incoming data not reaching the translator?
  • something else.

You need test points.

okay! can you give me a walkthrough? i am new to this and it is my first app ever

Search this board for 'FAQ Bluetooth'

(Canned Reply: ABG- Export & Upload .aia)
Export your .aia file and upload it here.
export_and_upload_aia

1 Like

Here you go!
app_iA.aia (305.2 KB)

P.S. These blocks can be dragged directly into your Blocks Editor workspace.

Dragging blocks

Post your Arduino code too, just in case.

Some samples in this thread:

this is whats happening...the listpicker works fine and it displays my hc-05 module's address but in the label where it is supposed to display the output it shows the else block statement...please help i am starting to feel hopeless

You are making progress.

Now you know that you have a connection problem.

Most people use a ListView instead of a List Picker for their connection establishment.

Here is a technique to deal with connection permissions, using a ListView:

(Canned Response ABG - Bluetooth non-BLE SCAN Permission Blocks)

The easiest solution, for immediate relief
(from @Barry_Meaker) ...

I had the same issue. The problem is your app does not have permission to see nearby devices. The solution is to give your app permission on your phone (no code changes in your app).

on your phone,

• goto settings
  • search for your app
  • in App Info for your app select Permissions
  • change Nearby Devices from Not Allowed to Allowed
  • Done

By the way, the very first time you run the app, Android will ask if you want to grant the app this permission. If you say no, or ignore the pop-up, the permission will be set as Denied. Android will not ask again.

A more complex approach, for professional app development:

See Bluetooth liste of devices deosn't work anymore - #7 by Anke
Special note for Xiaomi devices:
I have an error with bluetooth on android 12, Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC - #20 by Patryk_F

1 Like

the permission issue has been taken care of since yesterday...i have granted it permission.

Show your current blocks and how you solved the permissions problem.

app_iA (1).aia (305.2 KB)

Did you post your sketch yet?

Maybe it has been "improved" to death since yesterday, and it is losing the connection.

Also, I have downloaded a Blocks Image of the button click where you use the translator...

You mentioned that adding the translator broke your app.
Removing the translator component would lose all your translation request blocks, but allow you to verify if it indeed had an effect on your BlueTooth operations.

The draggable event block above would let you restore your translation calls if you drag it back into the Blocks Editor.

1 Like

flex_mpu_bt_try_iA.ino (10.8 KB)
attached sketch.

I tried that already...deleting the translation blocks. Apparently, the HC-05 is not getting connected to the arduino

Update: I got the output on the app (my wiring was wrong) but now the translator functionality is not working :((
Please help!!.
If you can help me with getting the translated text on another app,please do.
Thanks for all the deubgging up till now.