Translator output does not show

Instead of posting the received text to a Label.Text, post it to a Textbox.Text to allow you to feed the translator independently of received text (hand typing.)

Has the translator ever worked for you?

How do you know your target language codes are suitable for the translator?

Also, Spinners are fussy about their first Element.
I prefer List Pickers.

1 Like

i do not want to enter the text manually, basically the idea is to automatically translate the output from the label (which is coming from arduino) hence another label.

language codes i got from a yt tutorial

It's only temporary, for testing the language translator through hand input.

1 Like

ok...how to do this?

You could make a separate app,, with just the

• translator
  • textbox
  • output Label
  • speech output (did you want that?)
  • button.
1 Like

Oops, I forgot that you needed this:

1 Like

umm okay, i shall try that.

I have a question though. So in my existing translation blocks, the text that my arduino is sending,is it essentially stored in my variable called "Received_data"?
because I feel I may have wrongly been calling the mere label instead of the variable so just want to confirm. Please check my .aia file one more time and let me know,please.
app_iA (2).aia (305.3 KB)

does this look logically right?

You are still missing the event that catches the translation on its way out of the translator.

Also, I can't make head or tail of the difference between Label2 and Label3.
Maybe if you renamed those to something that includes the component type and its purpose, like
lblLanguage
and lblResponse
and lblTranslationResult.

Yes, you need 3 labels to figure this out.

By the way, I can only read English, and the Blocks Editor can't translate block texts for me.

Attaching renamed aia file.
app_iA (3).aia (305.3 KB)

Please help! I'm stuck on this last part, that will complete my project altogether.

Before I look, did you add the event block to catch the translation result and post it into a Label.Text?

No, I am kinda confused as to how to go about it.

app_iA4.aia (305.7 KB)

1 Like

It works!!
Thank you so much for all your help all along. It was great interacting with you.
God bless!
:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.