TinyDB with buttons

Yeah don't worry about it. I have to present the app in december and then,if I have to make changes I will do it.

Min, TL, T2, T3?

Buttons of min means that when you touch it, it puts the time that you have entered and when you add the exit button, that it marks the time that you have left. TL are free throws, T2 are two shots and T3 are triples. I need to put the yes/no buttons in these last 3 fields.

I have said this to a lot of people with ambitious projects - draw a schematic with all your screens required and bullet-point notes about the purpose of each screen. Those notes include what needs to be flexible when the App Is run - for example the User needs to be able to add/delete players (inc images) with the App, so they shouldn't be embedded.

Since a lot of data needs to pass between screens, virtual screens will save a lot of hassle.

I'm really not here now :grin:

Okay don't worry, when you arrive home explain me if you can how to put a virtual screen.

thank you, Richael

For this type of analysis, you would want the event timestamps to be relative to the start of the current game. That would translate the timestamps into values that could be used for sorting ascending/descending, for use in selecting first/last events of various types.

If you choose to use an SQL solution, you could go to a 6 column event table:

• game ID
  • time into game
  • team
  • player
  • event type
  • points added/subtracted

How to Add a Virtual Screen ( = Vertical Arrangement)

Thanks Chris, I'll put you in muy research work hahaha.

Hi Carles

You may be wondering why these don't work:

Well firstly, the test would be for 'checked', not 'enabled' but secondly the global count can go out of bounds.

So the way to do it is simply wait until the User hits the button 'AnarAlPartit' and in that Block count how many check boxes are checked:

Here is an updated example showing Virtual Screens working.
Note that the Project apparently has 3 TinyDbs. In fact, that is just for our convenience, App Inventor actually stores everything in just one TinyDb, split internally into 'Name Spaces'. It's like the UK £5 note - it's more convenient than 5 separate £1 coins.

RecordBasketsVirtual.aia (106.2 KB)

Hello Chris, that screen was a version of the project that consisted of selecting the players and clicking on the "anar al partit" button, so that the players with their respective buttons were placed on the "partit" screen, which I left aside because it I saw something impossible, although I don't know if it can be done,

If you test my example, you can see it can be done.

Also with his respective buttons?

Yes (if we are talking about the same thing)

Select the players and sent them to the screen partit with the buttons of yes or no (like the screen with the all the buttons but with only 5 players)

Yes, that works.

Okay I change the pc and I'll try it.

It works, thank you so much. So now, I have to add the list pf buttons of TL T2 T3 Fouls Assists and Rebounds and put the virtual screens.

Draw a Schematic of what is needed and which screen will display it. Keep the requirements as straight-forward and simple as possible, avoid 'nice to haves' that are not necessary.

My example shows the power of Virtual Screens, Block Lists and multi-component loops. If you design your code in this way it will be efficient, using less Blocks/code and thereby a reduced number of bugs.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 13.47.25
Why I get an error in the block?