Tetris : Recreation of 1980's Retro game

Is there a way I can read it in english or do i have to wait for it to be translated?

the image can not be translated by online translator. And i can not guarantee when i will finishmy translate work. anyway you can do your version first.

See the guide at Tetris : Recreation of 1980's Retro game - #52 by ABG

If you don't like that one, look in the Google search results in that post for more step by step guides.

how do you make the squares through drawing

drawline, length 20, linewidth 20.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Make Tetris game from scratch with no extensions

I love the package! Thanks for creating it and allowing everyone to use it.
I have an issue with error message. I have created a game with exactly the same blocks and layout twice. First one worked with no issues, second one doesn't. I have a start screen with start button. With the first game once I press starts button, the game runs exactly as it should. With second one, it throws an error saying "Renderer is not initialized, call CreateRenderer() to fix this issue."
As you can see on the blocks, the renderer is called. I have tried everything from importing the package again to resetting the blocks and it keep doing that. What is weird is that both versions I made are exactly the same and for some reason other one works and other one doesn't. Any ideas?

Thanks! Kat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I just followed a guys video and he didnt tell me how to play the music. Can someone help me?

Hi, sorry we’re I can find the Tetris asset pack?? It says that it doesn’t exists thanks

I was trying to run this blocks but when it is score changed or i used the bottom button it is just crash and close the app inventor. Can anyone help me with this issue ?

I will be appreciate it

I have the same issue too with the asset pack but I found the solution by making a new one from Google and I make the cube by my self.

Here are some of the cube but not all of them because I just only got these.
cell0
cell2
cell3
cell4
cell5

1 Like

Hi DreamLZ,

So can you explain me, what exactly you changed so it works now? I also downloaded my own blocks, because the original ones aren't available anymore. Still I get the following error:

My blocks look the following:

Can you help me and tell me, what I could try changing.
Thanks a lot!

Here I made all the cubes from yours.
cell7
Cell6
Cell5

cell5
cell4
cell3
cell2
cell0

Btw I found now the solution. If you have the same error as I had, do the following:
1.) Click on the extension "Tetris"
2.) Deactive there the property "Enable music" and set None for Background music. Now it works for me :slight_smile:

cell4
cell3
cell2
cell1
cell0
cell7
cell6
cell5

1 Like

Hello is there any way to speed up the pacing of the game for difficulty?

Uhm I'll see

1 Like

Is this what you did to fix this error? I am having the same problem.