Tetris : Recreation of 1980's Retro game

Try removing the DestroyInstance block from you blocks and inform me about the results

I tried that but it said that it couldn't createrender

Blocks please sir?

iOS can not run extensions.

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-04-19 9.24.15 AM

are you using Android or iOS?

IOS. I read the comment above and looked it up and realized that my phone won't work however I may have a samsung at my house that may work.

in case you want to build the game with native blocks (exension-free), you can visit here: MAKE TETRIX GAME FROM SCRATCH IN APP INVENTOR 2 - 浮云小站

1 Like

There are loads of tutorials online on how to code Tetris, like
http://cslibrary.stanford.edu/112/TetrisAssignment.pdf

I found it by searching the web for tetris board size - Google Search

1 Like

iOS cannot use extensions, but you can try to make it work without using extensions :slight_smile:

So I am trying to make Tetris from scratch but I can't figure out how to change the block while still keeping the previous blocks at the bottom of the screen.

Also how do I rotate the block while it still moves down.

how do you make it ? with imageSprite or draw square on canvas? you need to have a list to store the state of the board.

How do you make that list. Is is a global variable with a list with a bunch of list inside the list?

and how do you make it with squares? i feel like that would be easier than making it with imageSprite.

see here Tetris : Recreation of 1980's Retro game - #50 by Kevinkun, but it's in Chinese now. Planing to change to English, but not finished.

Is there a way I can read it in english or do i have to wait for it to be translated?

the image can not be translated by online translator. And i can not guarantee when i will finishmy translate work. anyway you can do your version first.

See the guide at Tetris : Recreation of 1980's Retro game - #52 by ABG

If you don't like that one, look in the Google search results in that post for more step by step guides.

how do you make the squares through drawing