Saving the login details checkbox not working

Hi i am wanting to get this issue fixed with my checkbox for saving the login details for when the user logs out of my app or even when the user closes the app from the background. i want it to remember the user name and password

It works this way

Not

http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/components/userinterface.html#CheckBox

1 Like

Can you please show on how its suppose to look?

Replace CheckBox1.Text = true with CheckBox1.Checked. Also, check the documentation (the link in post #2).

1 Like

You can make life easier for yourself by going into the Designer and renaming Checkbox1 to describe what it means, like ckbSaveInfo.

That way, you can see in the blocks if you are using it in the right contexts, distinguishing among the various possibilities:

• Is the user trying to register a new name and password?
  • Is the user supplying an old user name and password and just wants to log in?
3 Likes
  • Is the user trying to register a new name and password?
  • Is the user supplying an old user name and password and just wants to log in?

Well for a new user that is new to my app may need to register an account into my app. And yes if the user has already registered into the app then they would want to log in with their registered account details

You might want to have a look to improve your login process

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.