Have an idea for an Extension?

See here:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: 'Search' in the blocks for variables, procedures

File upload extension to cloudstorage like dropbox , google drive , but it works for any extension not limited to images.

It would be nice to have an extension supporting serial connection to any device, not just an arduino. For example, I would like to connect the phone to a computer using a cable and USB-UART converter CP2102 or other device that is not arduino. It looks nice in the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.kai_morich.serial_usb_terminal. After installing this app, all usb-uart converters are automatically detected in android.

1 Like
  1. An extension to manage data on Google Sheets so as to bye-pass the requirement of doing google app scripts and calliing functions.

2. Web Scrapping.

3. APRS

4. Mobile GIS with Raster map support

APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System)

What do you expect this extension to do Anup. Would it be something like APRSdroid. How should it connect to the APRS network

• APRS-IS via Internet (WiFi or mobile data connection) See this or aprs.fi – live APRS map . Coding something for this should be possible using the WebViewer and Web components.
  • AFSK (audio connection between your radio and the smartphone)
  • Bluetooth-serial connection to a TNC

This shows how to parse APRS packet frames

Regards,
Steve

APRS uses a native format called AX-25 which is a compressed format sent on mic-e settings. India, as compared to the western world, still does not have the desired quantum of digipeters, so perforce, use of i-gates is the only way out to get range. Looking at a way to have an android app to use the inbuilt GPS to get the Geo Coords and send them as a modulated signal over radio or AX-25 over GPRS.

Looking at BASICS : CREATE RECORD, DELETE RECORD, UPDATE RECORD, READ RECORD, presently being done by Google App Scripts and then calling functions in MIT App inventor. If the same can be done by BLOCKS.

What about an extension that could make the device produce a sound wave with input to control the frequency?

Im thinking to be applied in tuning for instruments

I believe this is already done by @Juan_Antonio :

https://community.thunkable.com/t/free-extension-get-frequency-tone-microphone/49418?u=taifun

https://community.thunkable.com/t/extension-tonegenerator-beep-frequency-duration/7978?u=taifun

2 Likes

It would be convenient if there was an extension for "Convert Android SDK to Extension"

Hi Patrick, recently I developed an estension to work wiht Mifare Classic Tag and you can read the Unique ID ( the Mifare UID is only read so You cannot modify). Check If can useful for your application

Ciao
Marco

You could create an extension that updates when the Creator of the application clicks save then the new update reaches those who have the application (the user will be able to choose how much the update will reach eg in 2 days and 23 minutes and 5 seconds, of course the application should get the latest update)
:thinking::roll_eyes::+1:
If you want to make this extension please tell me :sunglasses::thinking::hugs::wink:.

Hi,
What about an extension to lock or put the phone to sleep, as if the user pressed the phone power button to lock / sleep?
:grinning:

1 Like

Android will not allow you to do this forever.
It is possible though but you need admin privileges.

2 Likes

please make an update extention

1 Like

Some components in this repo are specifically dedicated to upload files in Dropbox & G Drive.

Have you tried this

Yes, and it is complicated