Have an idea for an Extension?

Every once in a while, I like to create a simple(something that will take a couple hours or Less to create) extension for members of the community.

If you have an idea for a simple extension please share it here.

16 Likes

Could CURL be wrapped as an extension?

I generally avoid extensions so I can publish in the Gallery, but
this would fill a need for functionality not available in the Web component.

For example, I can do Airtable INSERTs and SELECTs using the Web component’s GET and POST blocks, but I can’t do UPDATE or DELETE operations via their web API.

All I need is the command line functionality, which takes a command line string.

4 Likes

@ABG
Unfortunately this is outside of my wheelhouse.

Pretty sure you know this already but there is an airtable extension, you can get it here:

1 Like

you might want to look into a fingerprint sensor extension?

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

Coming along smoothly, so far…

Before:

After:

5 Likes

I am seeking an extension for GoogleFit. I want to make my brain scanner data available for tracking just like a heart beat tracker.

1. Sign in with a Google account
  2. Upload live data
  3. Get data from GoogleFit in a specific time frame.
    Would love it!
    BR Teddy
2 Likes

An extension to expose the webviewer to the android file system, so that one can use the tag:

input type="file"

in html/javascript to select a file for upload / action

perhaps also providing the user with the option to choose their preferred file manager…

1 Like

When I get some free time I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

@Ken Bitcoin Address extension! :innocent: :pray:

2 Likes

Sorry, that’s not my cup of tea. :wink:

1 Like

@ken Understood! But nonetheless, thank you for your generosity and community support. God bless and stay healthy

2 Likes

Hi @Ken and others, what about wallpaper extension? There has been several requests about this over the years but only solution from what I can tell is activity starter

Hey, I’m working on a notification system between AI2, ESP8266 and HC05.
I want to ask if is it possible to have an extension that read system/app notification and send them through internet connection and readable from ESP8266 in order to display them on an OLED.
Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

if there is a solution to use the activity starter, then just use it... no need to create an extension for this
see also Redirecting to Google Groups
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

3 Likes

Sorry, I wouldn't know where to start with this.
Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

1 Like

Here information about ESP8266:

2 Likes

Thank you @Juan_Antonio, I will check this but is it possible through app inventor get all notification text that appear on my Android?

1 Like

Android has getActiveNotifications, but App Inventor does not work with Services.

2 Likes

@Juan_Antonio So, theoritically is it possibile to work on a new extension that do this?

1 Like

@Juan_Antonio just want to make sure I’m understanding this right. Using your current solution with the webview, you can send information to a WiFi enabled device via WiFi without having to go through a router or the internet? You’d have to be within maybe like 30 feet. And you and @mattiaapoz are wondering if you can get all the notifications from the wifi enabled device back (have the information sent back to you)? And you’re wondering if it is a good idea to make this kind of thing an extension? If this is what you guys are saying and this is possible then I’d strongly urge you two to get working on this immediately. And consider my interest peaked, this is interesting.

1 Like