Has anyone else has had or does have the error that assets can not be loaded?

I put the exe the shortcut fires into the ignore list

Wireless and USB Companion are one and the same App - It's probably the case that AI2Offline will work with the MIT Companion you already have installed.

1 Like

I installed the executable version of Offline. Although the shortcut will not work because of my AVG virus protection I did manage to figure out the mechanics of the AI2Offline.exe which the shortcut launches. I wrote an exe for my pc which, I believe, duplicates the AI2Offline.exe (with the exception of the pretty interface). The process is as follows:

1. buildserver.cmd - launch it and then wait a minimum of 6 seconds for the server to come online
  2. aiStarter.cmd - launch it and wait until it is fully available (can be delayed)
  3. wait another 2 seconds
  4. startAI.cmd - launch it and wait 1 second
  5. startInvent.cmd - launch and it will bring up localhost on web page

NOTE: I do wish I could ask Ramiro if this is the correct process

Hi Wes

Why make your own exe when you can run the provided exe from it's directory?

Also, the shortcut should work if you white list it.....

As I said it is white listed with AVG but still will not work
NO .. I can not run the exe any more than the shortcut can. The shortcut does run the exe afterall and by running the exe by hand is no different than clicking the shortcut

I am not that foolish? of course I would use the shortcut or exe directly if it were possible.

The real question to your query is why does AVG interfere despite 'white list'?

I would assume AVG is "watching" other DLLs or system processes and slows the exe by doing so

IS there any way to ask Ramiro if her has run into this problem?

You have to ensure everything is white listed for AI2Offline, not just the exe. You should be able to white list the directory and the shortcut.

EDIT: If you can't whitelist what you need to whitelist, change your AV Software.

Thank you. Yup white listing folder worked and I should have thought of that. My only excuse is that I am burnt from all this brain storming and trying this that and another 100 things as fast as possible to comply with my replys. I took yesterday afternoon and night off due to it.

I white listed all the folder files I thought but evidently I missed one. Anyway white listing the folder allows the shortcut to work. Have not tested it yet.

Why AVG? is there any other virus protection out there that is AI? one that looks at behavior instead of a list of assembly code types and file names?

AVG (and the exact same engine under other names), isn't as good as you might think at trapping a new, unknown malware. That's understandable because the goalposts are constantly moved, but the net result is many false positives and the new stuff getting through anyway - then found by an update a few days later because it is then on a check list.....

Yes I am sincerely tired of the false positives .. what virus protection you suggest?

Still wish I could contact Ramiro .. would very much like to improve the interface.
I just now returned. My ISP is having problems evidently and dropped completely for several minutes sigh

Didn't you contact him before? You just need to subscribe.....

I can't think of an AV that stands above the rest these days, they are all pretty similar. If you can leave it running for a whole day once per month, Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool is free and thorough.

Have MS maleware and running fulltime

Thats what I thought. AVG does behavioral detection and that causes the false positives.

yes I contacted him via his account here but no reply

Incredible!! third day in a row I can use AI2 and its very very fast and no errors!

Coincidence? I wonder if this discussion has caused a change. Strange it began
working during discussion after 2 months of not working at all

Um - no! There are at least 400,000 thousand active App Inventor Users per month (across 195 countries), we would have had a lot of reports in if the Servers were failing.

If you want to contact him about his product, the proper channel is via Source Forge.

Vatican City and Palestine are not members. UN consists of the other 193. That may change in the near future but this is not the Forum to debate it.

Will work on USB connect in a few hours

The solution to my problems comes down to magic! AI2 was not working for me for 2 months and then it began working. All of the strange errors were due to inability to upload to server quick enough it seems.

Did you watch the video here?

Yes, you need to temporarily uninstall AI2 online Companion or use another test device/phone like I do. One for AI2Online and one for AI2Offline (if possible with the same Android version). In addition, all .AboutScreen blocks must be removed from all screens in your projects (before importing them to AI2Offline) and there must also be no text for "AboutScreen" in the designer (the fields must be empty).

Note: The minSdKVersion is 19 for AI2Offline and not 7 as for AI2Online.