Offline connection driver

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Best advice: go silent and turn down "listening" volume

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes why not. I think he'll leave it at that.

Ramiro changed the packageName to: → com.rpa.ai2offline.companion

I had also changed the packageName of AI2Offfline and therefore had no problems with the Companion APK of AI2 online.

The app names don't matter. It's all about the packageNames and they have to be different, otherwise the apps will collide with each other. To get separate apps for AI2Online & AI2Offline, the packageNames must be different.

This ("HRMHR2") can not be the packageName of an app.

The packageName with AI2 is:
appinventor.ai_email.appName

or:
appinventor.ai_email.projectName
(if your appName is not equal to the projectName).

The name of the APK is the projectName. This has nothing to do with the packageName.

In my case the packageName e.g. for my app "relax" is:

appinventor.ai_bodymindpower.relax
appinventor.ai_<email>.<appName>

The projectName must be relax (so the aia is: relax.aia).

I'm assuming the normal case, namely that the appName and the projectName are the same.

appinventor.ai_<email>.<appName> = appinventor.ai_<email>.<projectName>

Of course, you can.

grafik

Der Benutzer kann den App-Namen nicht ändern

To what extent. What do you mean by that?

Nur der Erfinder kann den App-Namen festlegen

Of course.

Why would the app user change the app name?
Nobody comes up with this idea...

"MIT AI2 Companion" was the name of the app for both MIT AI Online and MIT AI Offline
„MIT AI2 Companion“ war der Name der App für MIT AI Online und MIT AI Offline

This caused the Offline companion app to overwrite the Online companion
Dies führte dazu, dass die Offline-Begleiter-App den Online-Begleiter überschrieb

This meant that you would need to install/uninstall companion apps whenever you would switch from online to offline and from offline to online
Dies bedeutete, dass Sie Begleit-Apps installieren/deinstallieren müssten, wenn Sie von online zu offline und von offline zu online wechseln würden

Now they are totally separate apps and do not overwrite each other
Jetzt sind sie völlig separate Apps und überschreiben sich nicht gegenseitig

These apps cannot overwrite each other because they have different keystores. You have to uninstall the respective app first.

So what's the problem?
I changed the package name of AI2Offline, so I have 2 separate apps.

A HUGE thank you to @Anke for having so much patience and helping. I now have OFFLINE working

1 Like

I do not need a seperate phone to avoid uninstall/install.
I do not need to uninstall/install at all. The apps do not overwrite each other.
Ich brauche kein separates Telefon, um eine Deinstallation/Installation zu vermeiden.
Ich muss überhaupt nicht deinstallieren/installieren. Die Apps überschreiben sich nicht gegenseitig.

You are welcome. De Nada. Think Nothing of it.

Well, I got that. I just wanted to point out that the apps didn't overwrite each other before because they have different keystores.

So if the AI2 online companion app is installed, it was previously not possible to install the AI2Offline companion app because it has a different keystore. This is also the case now, but now the packageName is different and therefore there are now 2 separate apps.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.