Compliling error: (due to a drag and drop bug in nb184 AI release. There is a fix )

I cant copile my app. But I dont know why? There is always the same error: compliling error: .
Can you please help me.

My App:
Mathe_App (1).aia (746.2 KB)

Your app is infested (edit: clogged - ABG) with Mystery Media.
Capture

P.S. Removing the mystery Media in the Designer allowed the app to build, given patience.
sizes

(added to FAQ)

(This error is a side effect of a bug in the AI2 nb184 drag and drop to Media folder option, which allowed browser cruft to be dragged into the Media folder. Removing the item(s) from the Media folder usually fixes the problem.)

Thank you!!!
It worked

The app is NOT infested with anything @ABG . This is not a virus . It is a bug in the latest release of App Inventor. Calling this behavior an infection is misleading. Some people believe this error is a side effect of a bug in the AI2 nb184 drag and drop to Media folder option, which allowed browser unwanted files to be dragged into the Media folder. Removing the item(s) from the Media folder usually fixes the problem according to some people.

If you drag and drop files into the Media folder, these unwanted files might have accompanied the file you wanted. Use the advice in ABG's post to remove the unwanted files from your aia file. After you do that, reportedly the app is fine.

MIT is aware of the issue. The temporary fix is to NOT drag and drop files until App Inventor is fixed. Once you remove the files, you should be OK with Google Play.

Regards,
Steve

actually infestation, which is different :wink:

I guess the word infested is too close (one letter) to the word infected and is too active (suggesting intent) for this case.

Maybe for the next one I'll try:
Your app is clogged with Mystery Media, shifting to passive case.

It's a fair cop.

1 Like