Herewith a few options to create "cardview" listings without using a recyclerlist, but that, in my testing, provide similar performance. I am not a great advocate of the "doomscrolling" lists - e.g. 1000s of entries, but these all work well up to a few hundred entries. A large dataset is better served in smaller portions...
I would use the native listview, but using images causes lag and drag when scrolling, although there may be a fix forthcoming for this.
- With a Webviewer and html/css/javascript (no extensions, so useful for cross platform development).
- With @kevinkun 's Tableviewer extension, also using html/css/javascript
- With @kevinkun 's CompCreator extension, @The_K_Studio 's asyncImage extension (using my fork with rounded corners), and my SimpleCardView extension.
I will use the same data for all three for comparison. All three examples should substitute any "missing" images with a placeholder.
Tested on Android 17 device.






