App doesn't update

WOW! this might seem strange to you but I never paid any attention to the fact that the inventor has a "New Folder" button! I never had the ocassion to need such option. During this lengthy discussion I never looked until now. Thank you @Taifun

https://appinventor.mit.edu/ai2/ReleaseNotes.html

For what you missed while you were away.

It appears I have no way to correct this problem I must have caused for myself.

Despite the fact that "it is impossible for the packageName of the compiled app (APK) to be anything other than the aia name" I seem to have done the impossible :frowning_face:

I attempted to resave using app inventor in hopes it would rescue me but to no avail.
I went back in time (I have been building and improving for more than 2 years) and the original version will update the original. Therefore I guess I must copy the blocks of every screen to backpack and put them into the original version to be able to straighten this out.

All this caused by needing to update to android 13
Huge amount of work to reassemble. 6 screens and thousands of blocks :astonished:

REALLY wish there was a way to see and correct the package name, in such situations, within app inventor :hugs:

I want to thank everyone who attempted to help me and give credit for the help I received.
@Anke @ChrisWard @Taifun @Boban @Patryk_F

Before you go nuts, look in this new AI2 Project Properties area for any surprises in the AppName...

Thanks ABG ... yes I made sure the Project Properties were synced.

Is that where "package name" is set?

Actually, I'm not sure.
I knew you were away from AI2 a while, and this is a name of some kind, so I took a guess.

Regarding reassembling an app through the Backpack, beware of the Backpack bug that loses procedure names. Better to use the @Kevinkun browser extension that can do a bulk download onto your hard drive from the Blocks Editor, every piece draggable and well named.

1 Like

@Patryk_F found that the package name is: HRMHR_2

NEVER EVER did I use _2

My aia, apk and Project properties were always same so I guess I am going nuts

Away but alive. Yes I am 75 and I am offgrid 6 months of the year. Even though I am offgrid I still use the app with my workouts. When I come back to civilization I work on "touching up" a few things.

BTW: due to proper diet and proper exercise I am just as alert and active as I was 50 years ago! I strongly believe proper (not strict or ecentric) diet and exercise enables an increase in productive years :innocent:

For what it's worth, I stumbled across some blocks for showing an app's package name at run time this week, when investigating Activity Starter return values.

The blocks are in the called app.

1 Like

WOW! this is what I have been asking for but nobody heard me I guess. I will try the "SUMA"

I sure wish there was a way tochange the package name in the aia
IF THAT IS WHERE IT LIVES?
i wish I knew where it lives after all this investigation

This looks very promising. I managed to install the extension and am able to get this onscreen
01182024@143128¦010

but I am not able to get:
01182024@140927¦480

Still trying...

it's just different version, but the function almost same.
the newest version

I attempt to install the script and it gives me a 404 in chinese although I selected english

What's the error?

404 in html ... page not found

Where is the problem in sending the AIA in question to me or another power user? We are all curious and have tried hard to find an answer in more than 50 posts.

Once the AIA is available, the (alleged) problem can most likely be solved immediately.

1 Like

And post a screenshot like this:

Open the aia with 7-Zip, open the folder youngandroidproject, right mouse click on project.properties View (F3).

2 Likes

And since @Boban is now apparently also following this topic, I suggest sending the AIA to him. If anyone can get to the bottom of these types of problems, then that has always been Boban!

1 Like

As I had hoped. It is defined in the aia. With an editor it can be changed?

rest time 20:00 here ... 14:00 there

Can we please see a screenshot of this (like mine)? I want to see it with my own eyes.