When i go from screen 1 to screen 2 my app crashes

My colleague SteveJG should be mentioned as he pointed out the reasons why Location can fail. He has written an in-depth tutorial on the Location Sensor:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V1Zm5cYoa12KVb_cTlfelSfyUkW7IH2WPHUoTa02XaY/pub

thanks @ChrisWard i will surely see to it

thanks for this too :+1:

your app doesn't work on aia companion so i decided to see if it works when installed... it can't even get installed

thanks

and yes on aia companion it only saves my name when i click on save not the names of contact & the no.s & your app shows IO error too

Which is why, amongst other reasons, I stated that it must be tested as an APK :upside_down_face:

Tested and working here.

How are you installing. The method I use is to Build App (provide QR code for APK). Installed on a Samsung s8.

mine is Redmi Note 5
its not getting installed there

It should show a warning that the App might harm your device (standard Google warning), which of course you tap through......

1. Do you have your Redmi set for development?
  2. What Android version is it?

https://www.professorcad.co.uk/smartphonescreensizes#SetDebugMode
Debug-Developer Mode

1 Like

its android version is 8.1.0 OPM1.71019.019

That should be perfect.

Are you still having Spinner Component Issues?

yes, im having.. don't know why

The spinner selects a different Virtual Screen to view?

actually now my app with many screens work after making the corrections & thus im continuing it only but yes spinner makes change screens , this problem was also there in my "virtual screen app"

one question there to ask: did you typed the same name in the text box as your contacts name or u saved it in other way?

In the yellow-green lines I typed contacts and phone numbers but of course you can do that programmatically and it's better to do so, avoids critical typing errors.

The "Your Name" is the name of the sender - I think someone receiving an SOS message needs to know who sent it.

yes of course you are right i wanted to ask like if i type your name & phone number (just an example) i write is as:- chrisward and your no. in other textbox but in my contacts i saved it as Christopher so does your msg go then also? i wanted to ask that

My Contacts works only on the phone number (I think).