Waiting and Hearing

Hello,
two related questions:

1. is there a fonction/component like “OK google”, Siri, Alexa, etc… waiting for a sentence?
  2. if so it is a voice. Could we then be able to recognize it as words, for example “OK” “blabla” or any text?
    Thank you
    Have a nice day
  1. not exactly; SpeechRecognizer is similar
  2. Yes, it can recognize words

See Google Assistant in Mit App Inventor for a discussion.

Regards,
Steve

there is the Voice Recognition Extension without Google Dialogue by ScorpioNormal
see also the extensions directory here https://puravidaapps.com/extensions.php

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Hello
SpeechRecognizer is working well.
Unfortunately, the difference from Alexa, OK Gppgle is that you have to start it, I mean it’s not always waiting for earing something.
Is there a way to bypass this or may be to start it let’s say each 10 seconds?
Have a nice easter

Did you read this?

What you want to do is not practical. the App Inventor 2 app cannot run in the Background. If you attempt to do this, force your app to Stay Awake. You will not be able to run any other app while your app is listening each 10 seconds. Is that OK?

Thanks SteveJG,
I understand what you say; so what is the difference with what is proposing Peter using " Voice Recognition Extension without Google Dialogue " ?
Thanks

[quote=“papoudu34, post:7, topic:6482”]

Hello,
I have two questions please:

1. I donot know what to do with files having .aix extension!
  2. again what are the differences between " Voice Recognition Extension without Google Dialogue " and “SpeechRecognizer”?

Thanks

1. Load the aix into your Project import
    After you load, you should see a new tool in your pallete.
  1. I don’t know. Try both and let us know.

You might find this useful HOW TO: Program the native SpeechRecognizer for Continuous Dictation and to do things