Google Assistant in Mit App Inventor

Hi, i wanna know how i can add google assistant to the app made from mit app inventor. I tried with speech recognizer but it is only google talk not google assistant. anybody please help me.

Google Assistant isn’t an app that you can download. It’s part of the Android operating system, much as Siri is part of iOS. If Google decides your phone can handle Google Assistant , you’ll get that as part of an Android OS update. Normally the way to ‘turn on’ another app from an AI2 app is to use the ActivityStarter to use intents to open the app ( Using the Activity Starter ) explains how to assess another app, but probably you can not do that with Google Assistant; you could try. You might have better luck with Google’s Voice access https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.accessibility.voiceaccess&hl=en_US

You can build your own ‘Abdul Assistant’ using the SpeechRecognizer using If then else statements and filtering the speech stream. Look for key words and use them when found to use the SpeechRecognizer to do things.

Here are some examples
Make a list with speech recognition

or
How to compare texts

Programming Your App to Make Decisions

Experiment with the SpeechRecognizer and you can build something ‘similar’ to Google Assistant.

1 Like

i want OK google like OK_my name facility to open my personal assistant app please help me

@keltron_karakulam This link explains how to set up Google Assistant https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7126338?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en#:~:text=Set%20up%20%26%20manage%20apps%20for%20the%20Google,a%20sample%20list%20of%20things%20to%20ask.%20 .

The link says "Most apps for the Assistant don't require linking and you can immediately start using supported voice queries. However, some apps require you to link the app account to your Google Account before you can use the service with your Google Assistant." and it explains how to do it.

So, it might be possible to use the advice to open your personal assistant app. Try the advice and let us know if it works. Good luck.

i want OK google like OK_my name facility to open my personal assistant app please help me

See an answer on your original post in Google Assistant in Mit App Inventor

like jarvis /siri/alexa personal assistant how to create name

in my mobile