Uploading image with comment to cloud and showing these into seperate page

OK, given that this is a school project, are you happy to have your security rules as read = true, write = true ? (This will make things much easier…)

Also, do you want to use Firebase Storage for your images, or to convert the images to base64 strings and store the strings in the database ?

1 Like

Yes, read= true, write = true is okey for me, security is not a problem.

I want to use Firebase Storage for the images, I am not sure I can convert images to base64 strings.Here are my code blocks for 4 screens.

ResultScreen

Now, I can upload the last picture and last comment to the my FirebaseDB.

After that, I can show the last picture and last comment in the See Shared Screen.

How can I upload all pictures and comments to the my FirebaseDB and how can I show all of them one by one in the See Shaded Screen?

1 Like

You are only uploading the file path to the image, not the actual image, this cannot be shared with other users.

You really do not need another screen for this, it can all be done on one screen.

You also have a choice to use the firebase component and the firebase storage extension, or to use the web component and webviewer to manage your firebase data and images…

1 Like

So how can I do it all on one screen? And how can I upload the actual image to FirebaseDB?

Which one is more easier and how can I do the code part? Can you explain in detail with the code
blocks?

Thanks a lot Taifun. I cannot reply your message because of maximum limit of reply.

So, I have one question to left.

How can I upload the actual image to FirebaseDB?

I did 12 tutorials at the tutorials and i am trying very hard. I searched in the community and youtube and I can not find the answer of uploading actual image to FirebaseDB. I am sorry. Thank you for your attention.

see tip1 here

what about trying something yourself?
did you try a search in the community?

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook http://www.appinventor.org/book2 ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here http://www.appinventor.org/content/CourseInABox/Intro and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: http://www.appinventor.org/bookFiles
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: http://www.appinventor.org/content/howDoYou/eventHandling .

Also do the tutorials Our Tutorials! to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

Let us assume you will use the MIT provided firebase component for the data, and the Firebase Storage Extension (Version 2) by Mirxtrem Apps. These are all you need.

2 Likes

FireBase and CloudDB are normally used to store short data.
If you want to save a file, use the KIO4_Base64 extension to convert it to String and then upload it with a tag.

1 Like

How to use the Firebase Storage Extension

1 Like

I tried the Firebase Storage Extension (Version 2) and I combined all the screens at the app on one screen. This is my all code blocks for app.

I am uploading two different images to Firebase Storage. After that, I close the application. When Screen1 initialize there is no image in See Shared page. How can I solve this problem? Also apart from this problem, do you have any suggestions for my application? I’m a little helpless and I really need help. Thanks a lot.

You are nearly there. You have a problem in your FirebaseStorage1.Get blocks, you have included a slash / where you do not need one, this is why you have the %2F to replace the slash.

See these simple blocks below as an example:

1 Like

I used Firebase Storage Extension (Version 2) to upload and get the images. Also, I used the Web component to upload and download the comments. The comments are uploading Google Sheet. The project is over.

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped.

1 Like

You’re welcome. :+1: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.