Tetris : Recreation of 1980's Retro game

When i first start the game the stones jump 2 positions. When the first stone hits the bottom by using the bottom button then the following stones jump 1 position. If i don't use the bottom button the stones will keep jumping 2 positions.

3 Likes

My bricks :grin:

5 Likes

We provide these kinds of extensions so that you can make games easilly which is not possible with any blocks or in-built components

Tetris and Tictactoe of course can be done by in-build blocks/components, WITH NO NEED of extension.
In case you are intresting, you may visit here:

1 Like

Probably there is, but does this Tetris extension have more functions than the basic Canvas component?

I'm not sure if some feature is still missing even after writing 1k + lines of code

If it takes this much in java itself, you could easily calculate number of blocks needed to do the same :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

But can you imagine the size of app and the number of blocks
And also it is more better to use an extensions instead of reading whole guide and wasting 2 3 days which can be done in 10 mins with extensions
And also many people are not interested to see long long guides

And one more thing
Theses kinds of apps aren't responsive
And with extensions developer can do it easily
As my Tic tac toe extension is responsive for all the screens

so everytime you want to make a app/game, you will check if there is any extension for this whole app? Can you make all the extensions for all the app/game?

App Inventor is mainly for beginners to learn/think how to code/program. Now you have done every thing for them.

yes you have put a lot of efforts on this extension, but for me I still don't think 'one extension is only for one specific game' is good idea.

And make a responsive app is not that difficulty

3 Likes

It depends if you want to learn App Inventor's blocks or learn Java's code, or if you want to learn App Inventor or you want to create apps. People can decide whether to use Canvas or to use Tetris.

I think Tetris is still good. It has a nice UI, it has some useful functions, etc. Also, Tetris has blocks that detect the user's interaction.

1 Like

But I have seen many people uploading their applications to play store which are made by App inventor or its clones
Which doesn't makes sense if user wants to learn basics of programming and those users prefer more simpler way like extensions

And I fully agree with @Gordon_Lu

1 Like

Let me tell you something @Kevinkun
If you know Android Studio then there we import libraries provided by people
Now those libraries can also be created by scratch by us
But we will prefer using their because we don't have to waste any time also we don't have to confuse our mind
The same case is with Extension
You can image library as Extension and if you know android studio(not android studio basically android development) then you'll get to know the relief you'll get when you find library for your desired work

First, the developer DonggeunJung who created and sourced this specefic Tetris game originally have no declaration of any license or ( maybe i didn't found it here. )

According to Github licensing docs page

However, without a license, the default copyright laws apply, meaning that you retain all rights to your source code and no one may reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from your work.

Find More...

So, the developer of original Tetris game, DonggeunJung can appeal a legal proceedings against user who have created the app using the extension or extension developer.

It depends upon the perspective of the developer, whether he would like to use the extension or not. Using extension can make developer easy to integrate the features, including those features he can't create using already available blocks.
However, I will suggest every AI2 developer to try to avoid the extensions if you can include the feature using native blocks. That will not only help you to enhance your problem-solving skills as well as you can add more feature if you know how things are actually working.

Who knows, he may know the Android Studio better than you :thinking:. Kevinkun is one of my inspiration on extension development. You can find his extensions here.

No, It is not correct. Using extension everytime may not progress on your skills-development, and for a small feature, you will seek for an extension again.

3 Likes

I wasn't saying that he don't know android development, i was saying that if you know
As i don't know that he knows android development or not.

That depends on the developer of app

Too bad the extension doesn't work anymore.

How can you say that? Show your blocks

this ai is not working. I did not change anything, I imported it as is without touching anything

1 Like

Kindly explain your issue :sweat_smile:, you didn't display us the error message / a screen recording

Kindly help us to help you

I am having trouble with getting the game to work. I have followed along to everything and I keep getting and error that says that it is unable to invoke method DestroyInstance. If someone could help me I would appreciate it.

Show your blocks

Screenshot 2023-04-17 9.23.09 AM