I approach Teddy's request. Until a few hours ago he made me upload, for a new app, aab file with api target 30, then a little while ago I created a new app and he didn't upload the aab file, requesting the target api 31. We that we use Appinventor for the creation of the App how can we solve? We can only wait and it is up to the Appinventor team to make these changes / updates to adapt to the changes in the play store, or is there another solution?
I doubt that if it was actually a new app.
I assure you, I have created and uploaded several new apps in the last few days and it has made me upload and send them all up to now, 2 pm (Italian time), when the notice written in red 'The current target API level of your app is 30, but the minimum target API level must be 31 to ensure that the app is based on the latest APIs optimized for security and good performance. Change your app's target API level to at least 31. '
If you have a simple solution to change the target API of apps created with app inventor I would be grateful.
The simple solution is nb190 scheduled to be released sometime this month for SDK 31 (Android 12)
It may be that there was a delay with the error message. This doesn't change the fact that from Aug 1st 2022 no new apps can be released with targeSdkVersion=30.
Not really a "simple" solution:
- Build the APK.
- Decompile it.
- Edit the Manifest and add
<activity ... >and
<receiver ... >.
targetSdkVersion = 31.
- Recompile it.
- Check if the app (APK) can be installed on your test devices.
- If so, convert the APK to AAB:
Convert APK TO AAB File - Guides - Niotron Community
(otherwise check if you missed to add
<receiver>and continue with step 4).
Hi and thanks for all your answers love this forum
5/8-2022 I did release this app to Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_teddybrask.NASA_pictures as a new app.
I will try @Anke' solution later this day to see if I can get it to work.
Please Help Me Can You Send Me Some Screen Short How You Did This?
buenas noches saben si app inventor actualizara la configuración para que las apps nuevas salgan con la forma del api31? saludos
good evening, do you know if app inventor will update the configuration so that new apps come out with the api31 form? Cheers
The AI2 team is working on the targetSdk 31 update and I think it will be available soon.
You currently only have two options:
- Waiting for the targetSdk 31 update or
- follow my instructions.
Hi, @Anke thanks for your support.
The Manuel way is quite time-consuming (for me ) and is pointing out how strong a product app inventor really is! HOPE the team has plenty of strong coffee and that the next update is available soon
Hi, I have over 90 educational apps published and this morning (August 10th) I encountered the same problem. Google play now requires API Level 31. We've been through this before, especially when they stopped accepting APK and started requiring AAB. There are options to try to generate the AAB File on the KODULAR Platform. Just import your AIA file on that platform, but I believe they are also using API Level 30 there. I suggest waiting for the update of the great platform, APP INVENTOR.
I hope I was helpfull.
Please how can sign aab file with my keystore????
If your project is urgent, maybe you can get a temporary solution through http://ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu, but it should be noted that there is no guarantee that the built app can run stably on android 12 currently.
Robert, a developer can do this however he/she still needs to wait for the arrival of nb190 later this month. Your suggestion can be used to test the creation of the aab however it is NOT SUITABLE for submission to Google Play yet.
Just to clarify a few things since there appears to be a bit of confusion in this thread.
- AAB build support is available in production App Inventor, and has been for a while now.
- Only new apps need to target SDK 31 at this time. Existing apps that are updated have until Nov 1, 2022 so this does not affect any previously published apps.
- As mentioned, we do have a test version at ai2-test that targets SDK 31 as part of our summer upgrade. It's important to manage your keystores properly if you plan to use that server in the interim because it is a completely separate system from ai2. While we believe this system is mostly stable it is a beta version and may not meet your needs.