[REBORN !] TableView Extension Versions 3&4 (pre nb191) and 5 by @Ken

@TIMAI2

The apk file works if I create your aia file using http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu.

If I use https://ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu/ to create the file, the error message comes up:

Runtime error:
No static method setFontTypeface(Landroid/widget/TextView;IZZ)V in class Lcom/google/appinventor/components/runtime/util/TextViewUtil; or its super classes (declaration of 'com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.TextViewUtil' appears in /data/app/ ...

A test with Companion or USB is not possible for reasons you know (see above)

Frank

This may be due to the new font functionality in the upcoming nb191 ? Will be a shame if it is.

It may be possible to add the same functionality to the extension if @Ken approves, or to remove the font option from the extension.

1 Like

Easier to just take it out ?

@TIMAI2
Since I use the TableView extension in several programs, this is very time-consuming.
In addition, I have not yet found an extension that corresponds to TableView in terms of scope.

@KEN
Would it be possible for you to adapt the extension?
That would be very very nice of you.

With the new nb191, the error message now occurs constantly.
Future newer versions of my programs will no longer run.

Greeting Frank

I can't make any promises, but I am looking into it.

Hi @Frank-HRO Maybe you want to use another extension to show a table,if you know some basic CSS.

Since the new nb191 version, the created apk version no longer works either.
Error message see above.
Using the extension TableViewer does not bring this error.
Since I have many scripts with the TableView extension, the conversion is very time-consuming.

I hope @Ken finds the time to fix the bug.

Frank

I am also having this problem and 4 of my apps use TableView extension.

1 Like

@Dstar
There is only a solution if @Ken adjusts his extension.
I also have several apps with the faulty extension.
Have now changed the first app to the extension TableViewer. Takes time, but works.

Greeting Frank

Same problem here, with version 3 of the extension.
I just built my apk newly after a minor change somewhere else in the app and now I am getting exactly this error.
So I am stuck to my old apk and cannot work changes into my project anymore.
Or I will have to decommisison TableView and go to TableViewer.

Hi @Ken , I hope you can fix that. Would be much appreciated.
By the way, thank you for this extension! :wink:

1 Like

Same Problem here Guys, Please Tell me how to fix it

1 Like

@Frank-HRO

Can you post a link to that extension? May have to give t a try

Thank you

see post 179

@Kevinkun Thank you

I got it to load my files but I am having a problem with a couple things.

1. When you select anything I would like the row to be colored (Highlighted)
  2. When you select something I need each Row to be placed in a different label.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Thank you

which extension are you using? If you are talking about tableViewer, read all the post, and ask in that thread.

As there is no fix for the extension "TableView", I also moved to "TableViewER" now, the implementation change wasn't even a big thing. Thanks @Kevinkun

1 Like

Tableview.aix ver3 or 4 was working fine. Today there might be an update causing errors. As soon as I add tableview extention to the project, a long page of errors shows up

The problem is not with the extension, but with your environment....

Ensure your companion app is at the latest version. (2.66 or 2.66u)

Ensure you restart your companion app connection after loading the new extension

Companion is the latest version 2.66. I tried with the emulator still the same.
Pls try importing an extention preferably tableview or collins list to see it works or not.

Ps. Build apk also gives same error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No static method setFontTypeface(Landroid/widget/TextView;IZZ)V in class Lcom/google/appinventor/components/runtime/util/TextViewUtil; or its super classes (declaration of 'com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.TextViewUtil' appears in base.apk)
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds.