ScreenRecorder: An extension for screen recording

Seems like FOREGROUND_SERVICE permission is getting denied by android.
Try giving the permission.

2 Likes

mmmm ... I don't think the problem is the foreground service..as I said before, I tried the extension without any permission and the error happens the same..so I think that the permissions are not the problem but something internal in the last one extension update ..
Anyway, I tried the apk again on a device with android 9, in which if the foreground permission is accepted but the error continues to appear anyway ... it's strange because before with the old extension I did not have this problem

2 Likes

That's the problem actually.
Android 9 and above require your app to have that permission.

Earlier extension was using activity to record screen but now it uses Service to record screen.

2 Likes

good! I understand, but you say that FOREGROUND is for android 9+ and I am testing the apk on android 6 and android 8.1 ... should it ask me for foreground permissions anyway? it just won't let me accept foreground permissions, it just throws me an error:

I do not see any message to accept or reject this permission, it just throws me that error...
Is there a way to allow this permission manually? I can't find it in the permission lists in settings / app

3 Likes

I just tested it on Android 8.1

It works but shows 'Not Responding' warning.
I shall check.

4 Likes

Exactly! It works but every time you open the application and exactly 10 seconds pass, it throws that error message, and it is very annoying because this message can appear to people when they are recording.

thank you for taking your valuable time to see this! I really appreciate it ... and whether you fix it or not, I'm really happy with this extension.

P.S: I did not know about the site web "appetize", You have simplified my life with that XD

3 Likes

Hi @Sya_Juegos
This seems to be working fine for me:

If it works then I will post the changelog here.

4 Likes

Good morning! I just tested the apk on android 8.1 and also on android 11 and it works perfect!
I'm very happy ! I will be very attentive and waiting in case you publish an update of the extension ^^ thank you very much for everything and excuse me for all the inconvenience! :sonrisa:

2 Likes

Glad it works.
Here is v1.3:
com.sunny.ScreenRecorder.aix (26.0 KB)

I hope it is the correct file :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I already updated the extension in my project and it works great! I have to thank you again for everything! I am sure this was very useful for all people..!
:grin: :grin:

3 Likes

One question: The app only work in Android 10? Or the foreground service permission is only necessary on android 10?

3 Likes

Hi @Pablo_Almeida
Foreground service permission should be asked only on android 9 and above versions.

5 Likes

Hello.
Is there any way to improve the video quality?
I have the quality option to HIGH but it sometimes records the video on low quality (pixelated)

Is it because of the android the device I'm using?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

2 Likes

Can you show your blocks?

2 Likes

I'm using the app you did for an example.

2 Likes

Have you changed fps?

2 Likes

No, I have not.

3 Likes

Then you should try changing it.
It has a major role in video quality.

4 Likes

Show your blocks.

2 Likes

It still doesn't work, I get the following error

and it doesn't start to record me