ScreenRecorder: An extension for screen recording

i tried in 8.1 and 10 android vesions

2 Likes

I also tried to export and run the .aia aplication . but it was also not working in my devices .
when I tried to intialise it says prepare fails
the app is closing when the recording starts .

2 Likes

@Akarshj_Kalathil have you tried this?
Because I can't see AskPermission block in your blocks.

2 Likes

For me, in android 9, the application from the first post works.

2 Likes

Maybe because @Akarshj_Kalathil is not asking for required permissions.

2 Likes

can anyone share the exported .apk file of the .aia aplication

2 Likes

Great extension! I like it.but I don't know how to use it.Can you show some examples?

2 Likes

Hi @keke Welcome to the Community
You can find an example aia here:

4 Likes

Will this extension run stable? Can it support webcam? Actually I'm using another screen recorder called Joyoshare VidiKit to record videos. Everything is great just except that it seems that it cannot support webcam, or I just didn't figure out the right way. I would like to use the extension if it can support a webcam so that I can record myself speaking while recording my desktop games. Thanks.

2 Likes

I guess webcam support is not there

2 Likes

Thanks. :heart:

3 Likes

error:
java.lang.NullPointerException:Attempt to read from field'boolean com.sunny.ScreenRecorder.ScreenrEC.isRecording' on a null object reference
why?

2 Likes

Have you Initialized the recorder?

3 Likes

This post has an example in .aia format.

2 Likes

woo.thakyou

2 Likes

Hi! First of all I want to thank you for creating this wonderful extension! second, I have a problem ... I was using the old version of this extension and everything was fine, but when I update the extension to the latest version it no longer works for me.
EXAMPLE: I created a blank application simply with the extension alone, to test what the problem was, and I understood that the new version of the extension gives me an error (and that it was not a problem with any of my blocks).

I use a tablet with android 8.1 (maybe the problem is my tablet and in other devices with android 8.1 it works, I don't know) ... I just want to say that with the old extension it worked perfect, I don't understand why with the new extension it doesn't :frowning:

Exactly what happens is the following: I open the application, exactly 10 SECONDS elapse and this message appears. If I choose to wait (Esperar) the app does not record and if I choose to close (Cerrar) the same thing happens again when I open the app again.

PD: sorry for my english, i am Argentinian..
PD 2: Inside the extension is there any parameter to be able to define the resolution of a device in a personalized way? no right?
You can only set VideoQuality but there is no way to set the screen width and height manually, am I correct?

2 Likes

I have the same problem on a LG g4 device(ANDROID 6.0) , my app crashes after 10 seconds of opening..Could you fix it?

2 Likes

Hi, it doesn't work properly for me. I install your test app "ScreenRerder.aia" on 2 devices... the first device is an xperia xz1 with android 9:

the app displays an error message after 10 seconds

the second device on which I test the application is a Xiaomi Mi A3(Android 11) and also shows this error, but now after 25 exact seconds:

this happens only in the latest version of sunny screen recorder, any solution?

2 Likes

@Sya_Juegos @Nestor_Silva @Fernando_Barht I never faced such issue.
So install this apk ,after crash open app again and post the Logging.txt file here (you will find it in File Explorer).

2 Likes

Hey ! Thank you very much for your prompt reply..!
I'm still trying to understand why this fails, I followed your steps and here I attach the txt file that you requested:

Logging with the NEW version extension
Logging.txt (8.9 KB)

(check the last lines of the txt, something different happens there which is when the error message appears)

Hope there is a solution for this because I am really very motivated with this extension! I really like this extension

EDIT: In case it contributes something, here I leave a txt but with the old version (This works correctly)
Logging with the OLD version extension
LoggingOLDVERSION.txt (8.8 KB)

note: i had to remove this api block, for that the older version of the extension to work in the existing aia project

2 Likes