Screen sizing issue - has to be a simple solution

Hello, things are working well without issue aside from one little problem . . .
If i switch between a phone to a tablet obviously my screen is much bigger.
Im tired of tailoring my lower serial interface such that its always within the window and using most of the space in the window.
IS THERE A WAY TO TRACK THE SIZE of a screen element? if theres a way, Im sure i could find a way to adapt accordingly.
I have this over quite a few sensor interfaces i have made - not the end of the world, but i just figured there had to be a more adaptive way.

example1

Have you read
http://appinventor.mit.edu/ai2/responsive-design-app.html
from

?

I have read it, im probably just being dumb.
I guess, how would i manipulate it.

let me just give an example - say 16 lines is perfect on a phone in my bottom most serial feedback textbox.
okay, now it steps up to a tablet - now 16 lines might fill 3/4 of the page.

settings are adaptive, I use percentages for everything outside of the occasional fill parent.
now the height on that bottom is also set to fill parent.
is there a way I can pull this size numerically?
I guess how would i got about working with that - i need to alter my list length based on that textbox size. or else it can write into the textbox where it cant be seen.

For a variable number of lines in a Label or TextBox, try wrapping it with one of the Scrollable Arrangements (Vertical?)

I have seen posts where that allows scrolling of the text.

Also see the font scaling article(s) at

if you need an exact fit without scrolling.

You could use the .Text value of a List Picker to hold JOIN WITH SEPARATOR \n of your list, and set its .Elements to a copy of the list, for when the user needs to see the whole list. Inserting new items at index 1 insures recent items are always visible as older items get pushed down.

You can use the DynamicComponents (CompCreator should work just fine as well) and use the call .getProperties function.

Please make it lowercase. But for emphasis make it bold or italic