Problem with get start value block

I have a problem with get start value.

The thing that I want to accomplish is that:

1. From Screen1, I want to open Screen2 with start value "Coming from Screen1 and arrived in Screen2"
    Once Screen2 in opened, when I click on Do It on the block get start value, I get "Coming from Screen1 and arrived in Screen2" as expected.

2. In Screen2, when I press the back button, I want to close the screen with start value "Welcome".
    Once back on Screen1, when I clock on Do It on the block get start value, I get "Coming from Screen1 and arrived in Screen2" which is not expected.

Is this normal behaviour or am I missing something.

Please download and post each of those event block(s)/procedures here ...
(sample video)

Add this type of block to Screen1, to catch the return from the other screen.

Thank you very much ABG. I would have tried that but against my better judgement I thought I should look around in the forum. Will you please be kind enough to let me know where I was going wrong?

People have a lot to say about Screens on this board.

as it looks like you forgot to use the OtherScreenClosed event in Screen1
Taifun

I do realize what I have to do now. What I wanted to know is that how come close screen with value did not work, and in what situations close screen with value will work.

Is it maybe because start value is persistent?

close screen with value (on Screen2) works only if you use the OtherScreenClosed event (on Screen1) to receive the result, see also App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: Manager Screen | Pura Vida Apps
Taifun

Ooooh. That makes sense. Thank you very much. All my issues have been resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.