Problem with contact form

Hello, everyone!

I need to create a contact form for a project, but I don't receive the messages in my email. It's possible to write everything in the text boxes and when I click on the button "submit" the app shows "the details were sent successfully". However, the messages don't arrive to my email.

Would you be so kind to help me, please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1. the ShowAlert should be in a Web2.GotText event.
  2. Is this AiaMasterMail an extension? any link to this?
1 Like

AiaMasterMail is the extension I found in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y6Z8oRPeFo&t=112s (you can find it in the description).

So pity I cannot access Youtube now.

Have you done my 1st suggestion?set the responseContent in GotText event to a label.Text, and what the label.Text show?

1 Like

You may want to read this entire thread, especially the last post by @Taifun:

Although, the extension may work, it is not, in my opinion, the best way to do it

1 Like

I did it, but when I click the button "submit" the app doesn't show "the details were sent successfully" and the messages don't arrive in my email.

why people always ignore others suggestion?

2 Likes

How do you know that this extension works ?

Why are you asking here?

We did not write it.

1 Like

@Kevinkun, don't think I have ignored what you said, please. I really appreciate the time you spend helping others and I follow your instructions.

I have tried it, but it doesn't work. I think there is a problem with the extension. :pensive:

@ABG, I'm asking here because I thought the extension was working correctly and I wanted to know if the problems was in the blocks. Definitely, it seems that the extension doesn't work well.

Thanks a lot, @TIMAI2!

Which do you think is the best way to do that? I can hardly find clear information to make a contact form. :pensive:

Other email solutions:

1 Like

it does not look like your read my answer in the other community...
here is it again

this is a php server solution…
which means, if the server http://email.etvbanglanews.com/a/mailer.php which will be used to send the mail will go down, all apps, which use this extension will not work anymore

yes, you will have to trust the developer of that solution, that your data will not be misused…

for other email solutions see the overview here App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: Send Mail | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

1 Like

Thank you so much, @ABG!

The problem is that I would like to find an option to create a contact form an send the message directly to an email address.

I have seen what you sent me and it is to send an email. When I push the button "submit" the app shows Gmail window to send the message.

It is more complicated than I thought. :pensive:

Use a google form

1 Like

this depends on the solution you have chosen... unfortunately we do not know, what you are doing without a screenshot of your relevant blocks...

there are so many solutions to choose from...

Taifun

1 Like

This is my simple example to send a simple email form using email.. You could try it.and adapt it to your needs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Taifun, I would like to add in my project a contact form exactly like that: How to Create a Contact Us form in MIT App Inventor 2 - YouTube

The problem is that the extension of this tutorial doesn't work.

You are very king, @SteveJG. I'll try to do it when I come back from class and I'll let you know how it is going.

Thank you so much! :blush:

@TIMAI2, it's a good option, but I think it is not possible to change the format. If I don't find other way, I'll do it like this.

Thank you so much!