PC Laptop Issue

Rather you than me! I can't work with less than two PC screens :upside_down_face:

Definitely get your PC fixed as soon as possible. Desktop or Laptop? Do you have any idea what the fault is?

1 Like

First where I went to fix it, they tried and it worked, but only for one day. And now they cannot even fix it with guarantee they say.
So have to see another place but not getting time.

Laptop actually.

...but what did they fix? The most common issues with laptops are:

1. Overheating - possibly internal fan failure, possibly dust or other matter preventing efficient cooling. Note that laptop stands with built-in fans are counter-productive if the air is blowing into the Laptop instead of drawing it out. Due to the pattern of air flow, fans in laptop stands can damage the Laptop's fan over time and so are best avoided. If the surrounding environment is hot, a desktop fan will help.

2. Hard drive too full. Either fit a larger drive or remove 30% of what ever is on the drive. You can run an external portable drive for backups.

3. Battery failure. With many Laptops (like my Samsung) the battery has to work, even if the Laptop is always connected to a mains electricity supply. The only remedy is a new battery.

4. Touchpad failure. Replace with a USB mouse.

3 Likes

They put the Windows 10 software again on my laptop.
But this time, some sound of a high frequency would be produced when the laptop starts.
After a day, the sound is produced, but the Laptop is stuck at the loading screen.

Lets continue the discussion (if you wish to know more) in private message cuz this post isn't a place for such discussions I think.

It's fine here, other people may benefit.

That's an unusual fault.

1 Like

All these ways of fixing would go in vain, because of the above.

But it may be my hard drive.
BTW, my laptop's storage wasn't even near 1/20 of filling.

Try loading Windows in Safe Mode first.

1 Like

That cannot be done.
Cuz, its stuck at a point before the point you can activate Safe mode.

OK, so to achieve Safe Mode, use a Windows Recovery Disc (you may have made one when you first had the Laptop). If you have a Windows 10 CD/DVD you could repair Windows using that, if not access to another PC:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

By the way, if your Laptop is still under warranty, tell the Vendor that if they cannot restore it, the should replace it.... :thinking:

....it's always a good idea to have a USB drive to backup your data and software. I simply copy the entire drive (Macrium Reflect). Needed the backup several times over the years.

1 Like

I changed the category since we are way off topic from the original question.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don't have it.

It was, on the last month of warranty the problem started, but we couldn't go out fue to Covid Lockdown.

I actually don't have too mucj important data on my Laptop so I don't backup everything. I just backup some important data to my Google Drive.

That's good.

Do you have access to another PC somewhere so you can download recovery tools to a CD/DVD or USB stick?

1 Like

Nope that is my first and only PC.

I think I have to go to a Lenovo Service Center now (Cuz my laptop is of the Lenovo company).
That might be my last option.
But not getting time.

1 Like

Lenovo are a top make for industry, surprised it has this fault.

1 Like

Yes, agree, I do have Lenovo - ThinkPad. Really great product.

1 Like

Now, I'm surprised with this. LOL :joy:

Here is what I saw when I tried to open my Laptop once again :

It says :

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

File :\Windows\system32\config\system
Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again

Press F1 to enter Recovery Environment

Press F8 for Startup Settings

Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings