[PAID] 📍 Location Service Extension

The latest version currently is version 4b and as usual you can find it in the download folder, see also the documentation at App Inventor Extensions: Location Service | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

I've downloaded it.
Thank You

It is still some scary area to use LocationSensor for my coding level. I keep this comment when I'm ready to re-try to fix the problem I posted. sorry for no response to your comment.

Version 5 now has been released
New in Version 5: Itoo integration
Thank you @Kumaraswamy for this amazing framework!

Now we can execute almost any logic in the background (no user interface components) after an location changed event occurred in the background. Please be aware, that there is no user interface available in the background.

This is the new OnLocationChanged event handler, which looks like a procedure.

The event handler will be called from Itoo from the background after a location changed event occurred.
You will have to create the procedure using the name OnLocationChanged.
Also that procedure must have 7 arguments, else it will not work. Note: This background event handler also will be called if the app is in the foreground.

Now we can execute almost any logic in the background (no user interface components) after a location changed event occurred.
Please be aware, that there is no user interface available in the background.

Some example blocks to send location data to a MySQL database in the background

See the complete documentation on my webpage here App Inventor Extensions: Location Service | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

2 Likes

Any way to disable these logs that are changing the NotificationText?

currently not, but it looks like an option to deactivate this would be a good idea... I will add it soon...

Taifun

1 Like

I now added a new property NotificationTextLocked, just set it to true to get the constant notification text.

notificationTextLocked

you can download version 5a of the extension from the Download folder

Taifun

1 Like