Open Source β€’ Background Tasks: Itoo πŸš€

1 Like

I want to run notifications in background, but not working.

Try the example fromthe first post

Taifun

1 Like

1- The "Clock test" notification can't be removed from my phone, unless I remove app.
How to make it removable ?

2- And Simple notifications created by Itoo NOT opening the app when clicked.

That's the whole point of having a foreground notification, you would need to ask the user to supress or hide the particular channel.

You would need to use the Modified Notification Style Extension to be able to change the functionality of the notification by updating the notification.

1 Like

I'm already using the Modified Notification Style Extension :

How to to change the functionality of the notification by updating the notification ?

1 Like

Use the simple notification block with the id set to 123321 if you want to update Itoo's foreground notification.

Not working, my blocks:

What is not working?

Simple notifications created by Itoo NOT opening the app when clicked.

I'll check and let you know about that

1 Like

I have gotta say, I am also running into the same issue :confused: I am wondering if there is a bug/regression with the last release of ltoo?

I am trying to replicate the notification example as well, and here are my observations:

• I am using the latest version (released on 10/22), and I don't have the "Notification" or "SimpleNotification" blocks that others seem to have.
  • I made a test project and duplicated the notification example (except for the notification block in the timer function, since I don't have it showing up on mine). My button2 text never turned to "timer" meaning that creating the process never called the clock procedure.
  • Similarly, my label2 text never became a random integer, because it was never called.

Hi, thats because you cannot interact with the Visible component from Itoo.

I see what you are saying. I went ahead and added the notification extension, and using the simpleNotification now in an attempt to see some life out of the background process, but still no luck. Is there anything obviously wrong with the blocks?

Post your project .aia here, so that I can look into it.

1 Like

ltoo_test.aia (292.9 KB)
Attached, thank you!

This is just a test project I put together to try to learn how to use ltoo, and I am struggling with the basics here. My end goal on my other project is to try to use "RegisterEvent" block to listen for ble.bytesReveived events :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

The project you sent me completely works fine

Check if you have enabled the Notifications permissions.

1 Like

That did the trick, thank you so much! Not only did I have to enable notifications, but it also looks like this extension only works on compiled versions of the app. I couldn't get it to work with the MIT AI companion app.

So I am now moving on to see if I can get the process to get triggered on a BLE byte received event. I put this together based on other messages on this thread, but I am not getting any simple notifications to show me that my app is indeed receiving the BLE data. I know for sure that I am connected to the BLE device and that my device is definitely receiving data (confirmed with NRF connect app). Any pointers here?

For that, you would need to move the entire BluetoothLE functionality over to Itoo, or the bleBackgroundReg procedure.

That means, move the ConnectWithAddress functionality, register an event for BluetoothLE's Connected event, and call RegisterForBytes from there. These three things should happen from the Itoo's background procedure (bleBackgroundReg) procedure

1 Like

INCREDIBLE! Amazing work @Kumaraswamy thank you so much for the guidance.

Paying it forward by sharing what I have working here. I was able to offload BLE to a background process. Next step: figure out how to exchange data between background and foreground process.

2 Likes