Noob question about receiving data

I have a seemingly simple project to start learning App Inventor but I have run into a snag I can't get around. Basically I want to connect from my Adafruit Feather Bluefruit M0 LE board to my android phone or my iPad Pro. The Feather is measuring the output of a sensor connected to Pin #A0. I am trying to at least see the output of that pin but eventually the calculated values from that Pin and then plot the data. I can get the project App Inventor + IoT: Basic Bluetooth Connection Setup to run where it scans and then connects to my feather (so it says) but I can't get further than that to read data. It seems all the examples I find on the web use BluetoothClient instructions whereas this example uses the BlutoothLE1 extension and therefore BluetoothLE1 instructions. So this is all I've got:

Can you point me in the correct direction? The BluetoothLE1 uses Service and Characteristics UUID but I don't understand them nor can I find descriptions of their use. Can you suggest an example that I can work from?

Thank you

Doug

Welcome @dbasmb to our community!

Can you post your .aia file here in the reply? Also, this tutorial here may help you. Link: http://iot.appinventor.mit.edu/assets/tutorials/MIT_App_Inventor_Basic_Connection.pdf

Did you read this tutorial? If yes, I think we need to find another solution.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the tutorial you linked is the one I used. My code shown below is identical to it with no additions. As is, it seems to work. When I press the connect button, it says it is connected and the blue light on my Feather lights up. But it's not clear to me where I start in order to get my data and display it. That's what I'm puzzled by.

Basic_IoT_plus_play.aia (173.7 KB)

Thanks for the help.

Doug

Try looking at these ESP32. MQTT. Broker. Publish. Subscribe. ThingSpeak

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mitappinventortest/bluetooth%2420p9X_2i_bluetooth.aia|sort:date/mitappinventortest/tsUYqkXNZ3U/__y8bPk3BwAJ

For Bluetooth LE, see these examples (they are for ESP32).