Medication Reminder (again)

but how can I make it exactly? Do you have a printscreen of the blocks needed?

Well, as you have previously indicated, here is a link to a tutorial on spinner:

I need help with something else now, and I'm not sure how to describe it well because English is not my first language.

I need to set up a way to enter the hours and make them repeat according to what is selected in the Spinner (If it is daily, weekly, montly, etc...). Additionally, I want the option to select weekdays to only appear if the "Weekly" option is chosen in the Spinner.

Also, could you guide me on how to store this data in TinyDB?

Here is the blocks that I have currently and the .aia if its necessary
HealthMate_versao4.aia (86.4 KB)

I still haven't figure out how to turn this into a medication reminder, i don't know how to store the values in the DB or how to use Itoo to make this application run in the background.

I have this fiels and I want to know how do I store them in TinyDB and how to set a notification system with them while using Itoo to make the app run in the background, can someone help me? Here are the screen that I want to save and the blocks I have currently.

Do the tutorials to learn how to work with lists and TinyDB

The simple solution would be to use the alarmmanager extension App Inventor Extensions: Alarm Manager | Pura Vida Apps it is just to use one method to set a repeating alarm...

However you said earlier

So let me suggest you to reduce the requirements and simplify your project.. just use the free alarm extension App Inventor Extensions: Alarm | Pura Vida Apps and set an alarm to take the next medicament... and after getting the alarm, opem the app and set the alarm to take the next medicament, etc

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Our Tutorials! to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

But doesn´t the extension create an alarm in your cellphone clock application? My teacher said I couldn't do that and that the app would have to handle the notifications itself because that would end up filling the clock app and that is not good.

Then add another step for the user to do

After an alarm occurred, cancel that alarm
See, if Q3 can help App Inventor Extensions: Alarm | Pura Vida Apps or let the user do it manually

What are your class mates doing? Everyone is working on a medication reminder app? Or was this your choice?

Taifun

It would help but there is some cases that I want the alarm to repeat either everyday, weekly (at a certain day of the week), monthly, etc...

And to answear to the second question, It was my choice to work on the medication reminder, they are working on completely different things on different apps.

Also I'm still confused with something, how will I make the app repeat the notification/alarm based on the hours that the user has inputed and also on the information of the droplist.

Reduce your expectations and requirements... keep it simple... it is only a school project...

And read again

Taifun

Just always only set the next alarm
If an alarm occurs, the user must open the app and for example confirm, that the medicament has been taken
Then cancel the alarm, check TinyDB for the next alarm and set the new alarm
Keep it simple

Taifun

I tried testing mario's alarm extension and I tried looking at the blocks but it's too many to even know how to start picking it apart.

Now I wanted to make a list of multiple options for the days of the week, I don't know if it's to be done with checkboxes or what... what do you suggest?

Other thing... How can I make an border appear around the textbox? I don't like the fact that it's just a line under it.

also (see the second one)

The problem is whenever I try to enter the link to kevinkun's extension, somehow it doesn't work

The link:

https://kevinkun.cn/enhance

is working OK here. The download link for the extension is towards the bottom of the page.

What problem are you having?

Maybe it's because of my school's internet, I will test entering the site in my house.

Simple question: How can I (without using any extension) save the hours and minutes input by the user on a time picker and also notify them at the time stored in TinyDB?

simple answer: in TinyDB

you could keep your app up and running (however no other app might be used then) and use the clock component to check regularly, for the alarm time and then display a notifier and/or play a sound

to keep the app up and running without using an extension you could

Taifun