Listview when selecting shows the selected item, How do you have it show multiple items associated with it?

HI all:
I'm on the struggle bus here.

First, I have the text boxes and blocks that will:
When selecting an item from the listview displays the value in the listview, I have found multiple tutorials for that part.

Problem:
listview elements loads the selected record into the text box that I open. But how do I also display other data that should be associated with it. (Each in its own textbox)

Like this:
Name - This is displayed in the listview
When a Name is selected
Result:
Textbox1 = Name
Textbox2 = location
Textbox3 = date
Textbox4 = Journal entry
and so on...

This seems so basic, but I cannot find an example of doing this.
I am only using one screen and just set view properties of the text boxes.

I have tired both indexing system and dictionary. (which one should I use?)
I'm attempting to build a personal hiking journal for myself, so name is not a person it is a trailhead.
Where can I find an example of this type of Mit App?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

How are you storing your data / each record ?

Here is an example using Google Sheets:

If you want to show a full row in each Element of a ListView, consider YAML format.

This is how the data is stored, minus a few check boxes and such.
I have tried a few variants the Tag was "Hike" but is it supposed to be a static or variable?, I messed around so much I will have to go back and recheck to see what worked.

So in this saved list I had it displaying the hikeNames that I type in.
but I couldnt get it to show the rest of the data when I clicked the listpicker.

An example using google sheets was given to me, and that may help, I see some code that seems to pull the data, but I need this to work offline. So, I preferer to use the phones database.

Here's a TinyDB storage example:

On the other hand, if you plan to filter the list later, a table (list of lists) stored under a single tag ('HikesTable') would be simpler, assuming you will just be adding rows and not editting.

Thank you for your reply, I look forward to watching the video, I have something I have to go do, so I will watch it later - it sounds exactly like what I want to do (I don't see any reason or need to filter this list) so this may work great.
Thanks - You guys rock!
multiple replies very fast. I will post my finding later.

Something like this:

1 Like

Thank you TIMAI2, I used your example in a quick example for myself and it works like a charm!
It only shows the first textbox on the listview, Then when a selection is made it shows all the data in the boxes.
I have tried for 2 weeks to get this to work like this.
Thank you!

"for each item in list every TextBox"
and
"set TextBox Text of component"

what component do you use for those blocks?
I cant find any in textbox 1/2/3/4 block

Thanks in advance

1 Like