I want to build a simple app for controlling my esp8266 controlled drone, i tried searching but couldnt find any resource pls help

I tried searching on the net but cant find any resource pls help i want to build it for my project.

To control drone I think it is better radio frequencies.

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/radio-frequency-hc-12-arduino-bluetooth-hc-06/60935

i know radio frequency is better but its my school project and want to control it using wifi from a slef made app. So how do i make it?Pls help

What model of ESP8266 do you have?

ESP8266-1

ESP8266-12

ESP32 is similar to ESP8266-12

I have an ESP8266 module and want to build an app like that od dji tello to control my esp drone

What model is your ESP8266 module?

Can you put a picture of your module here?

Its ESP 12E

Screenshot 2022-07-01 235502

Is it soldered to any card?
Example:

it is soldered to custom build pcb

pls help me i am really stuck on this past 2 3 weeks i just want to make a simple app to control drone over wifi

you need a UART to USB converter, to connect it to the PC and use the Arduino IDE.

i know that but i want to build an app to control the drone how do i do that?

Are the mobile/tablet with the app and the drone with the ESP8266 connected to the same WiFi Router?

Connect two LEDs to the ESP8266 and try to turn them on/off, similar to this code.

Change #include <WiFi.h
by ```
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>

i want to makeeeee an app

Greetings.

1. What do You want to control?
  2. Would You use buttons, slider; WHAT ??
  3. Draw a basic "screen", and put there what control would You goint to use.
  4. At mit inventor, build as well as You draw in step 3.
  5. You also, have to make a "table of commands", ie, message "$a0" for ON (NO DATA) OR "$B3,123,122" for other command with values: 123,122, etc, WHATEVER You want, YOU ARE the designer.. You can do EVERYTHIN You want, otherwise.....

Hello Little_seer

Nobody here is stopping you. If you hit a specific issue, we are here to help - but we are not going to create an entire App for you. If you search this forum you will find examples.

Sit down with a sheet of paper and work out what functions are required and how best to layout the GUI.

1 Like

could you just guide me how to make one pls

The problem is that MIT refuse to integrate WIFI with MIT inventor. You can program up the ESP directly connecting the Arduino to the ESP board, BUT once the code is loaded you need to login using wifi and send commands to get it respond.
I can do this via a laptop, but not via an android running an app from MIT inventor, as there is no communications protocol to send command data to the wifi interface on the android operating system.
I have raised this with them and they have pointed to an extension, but it does not do the job.

How is that Stephen? Have you not seen the several examples by Juan Antonio using App Inventor's web component?