How to extension dev

To follow this guide this implies we have to be running a Kodular account and be able to open projects in Kodular?

I also note that your guide is aimed at Microsoft Windows users only?

1 Like

But Kodular still uses the Support lib, while AI2 (since the nb184 release) uses the AndroidX libs.

So some extensions that use these libs have to be created for Kodular in a different development environment (I use the → Extension Template for this (as of before nb184) or → AppyBuilder code editor).

Do extension developers still use ai sources to compile extensions?

2 Likes

Yes. Including me.

Even when you have something better and fast i.e. Extension Template.

1 Like

(added to FAQ)

2 Likes

I dont know about e template, but when i also compile large extension, it hardly takes 26-30 secs.

i do with that link only to create extension but only for once it takes 30 min then no need to do that always for compiling so no issues

really sorry i forgot to change ,i have only windows so i don't have rights to say for linux,mac because i may say wrong

i don't understand give me what should i change in this post

what do you mean by that i don't know it

thanks to do that

Those who will not be able to use the New and Edit buttons in Environment variables window, follow this guide. It worked for me.

Click me for the guide!

Good tutorial! I was successfully able to build my extension, but, why can't I use 'ant extensions', I can only use 'F:/apache-ant-1.10.1/bin/ant extensions'. How do I fix this?

It looks like you forgot to set ANT_HOME, see step 7
Taifun

I added it.

but still didn't work :frowning:

I forgot to mention, that you have to add its bin subdirectory also into the path

Taifun

It still doesn't work.

After doing a change in the settings reopen the terminal window...
Also rather than only saying "it does not work", what about showing us what you tried?

Taifun

1 Like

Ok. It now worked. There were spaces. I copy-pasted the commands from the 1st post which contained spaces :man_facepalming: