Fomatted Listview

Hello,
I have been searching the forum but I can't find a simple option to format a listview to improve its appearance, and to allow me to open another screen with the selected value in the list. I would be grateful if someone could guide me. Regards

You can use the AfterPicking event and the Selection property to open other screen whit the selected value:

For the appearance you have extensions such as:

or:

or

Hi,
Thanks for your answers
Listviewplus has the problem that it doesn't have a block to retrieve an answer when you click on one element of the list.
I have tried using CompCreator extension but I had problems. I can run the examples but I can not do an app with the last extension version
Thanks a lot

What problem did you meet?

Do you mean the built-in AfterPicking event from the ListView component?

I find this error: The operation RegisterArrangementForClick cannot accept the arguments: , [0], [1]
I used the metricrat example METRIC RAT AI2 - ListViews with CompCreator ; it runs properly but after I changed the extensión, for the last versión cn.kevinkun.CompCreator-v8.6.aix
...it doesn`t work
I uploaded the aia
bugcompreator_copy.aia (40.6 KB)

Compcreator provides its own click event/handler now, so you can use that instead of the separate click event extension.

I don´t find it in the Version: 8.6

I have changed the oldfashion blocks ( set for SetValue), deleted the click event extension, but I still find this error: com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.label. I am not able to run a simple example...

I attached the aia.
bugcompreator_copy (1).aia (36.5 KB)
I can see an option block on click, but could show me an example how to use it? Its not the same that normal onclick blocks.
Thank you
component_method

From the first post here:

use the helper blocks, do not write the component type manually, it's case sensitive.

1 Like

Thak you Profile - Kevinkun - MIT App Inventor Community, now it works properly.
If you allow me, could you give me an example of how to use the event on click? I have read the instructions but I don´t underestand it properly. I need get the value of the list to open another screen with the data selected.
Thanks again
I attached
compreator_simple_example.aia (36.6 KB)
the aia with the simple example in case it can be useful

the document has descripted very clear.

Hi Kevikun,
I tried, but I can't find the blocks necessary to follow your example.
I show you where I am

Tnanks for your help

make sure you are using the newest version.

or you don't know how to add a param to the procedure? just click the blue gear on the procedure, and you can rename it to what ever you want.

Hi Kevinkun
I have the problem I din´t know the option input in procedures blocks
I have arranged it, as you showed in the example.
But I found the error in the image
Regards

compare your blocks with mine carefully.
the arguments need a list.

Thank you Kevinkun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Now it works fine!!

Almost it's complete, but I can't avoid have the text cut. Please see image

Any help? Thanks